Quantcast

Screen Saver ?? Change?

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by grainmeat, Nov 13, 2010.

1. grainmeat

grainmeat New Member

Help....I'm trying to leave my Google Tv (sony 46") with a screen saver. Fractal would be great. I can't find either a selection or the place to choose a new screen saver. I see only the place to adjust the time that the lame google/sony moving time/date has.

Is there a way to customize screen savers on my google TV? Doesn't seem so.....

Thanks,
    David aka grainmeat in Seattle

• Like Like x 2
  2. grainmeat

grainmeat New Member

Hello....no one else is interested in having a screen saver on the Google TV? I'm surprised?

3. macguy90

macguy90 New Member

I would love to have a screensaver, but I don't believe there's a capability to have one?

• Like Like x 2
  4. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

I do think as well, that a selection of screensavers would be a good thing.
    I wouldn't doubt that in the not so distant future, there will be such applications,
    as well as many new apps. I suspect by the end of this year, beginning of next we will see many new things come out from GTV.
    Being such a " new " product, there are many, many developers which are working to get more " gadgets " out here to us in the Google tv market,
    if we all hold on a short period, I predicate many new things are just around the corner.

• Like Like x 2
  5. daisyly2000

daisyly2000 New Member

i cant wait..

6. mobimation

mobimation New Member

I am interested. Probably that gloomy Sony clock is just another Activity that by locating it and replacing with your own it would be possible to have your version show up. But that is a theory.
    The open source parts of their implementation is available here: NSX source

7. halox

halox New Member

Download the app "CURRENT WALLPAPER" from the marketplace. It was designed for Google TV. You'll be able to switch wallpapers from the app, and have wallpaper whenever you want to.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...ld2hhdC5hbmRyb2lkLmN1cnJlbnR3YWxscGFwZXIiXQ..

It's great for playing music - in fact, I usually just set the wallpaper to blank so that when I'm playing music, my TV appears to not be on.

Enjoy.

8. mobimation

mobimation New Member

Thanks, great advice. WIll check if that affects the grayish screen saver as well. The TV has a set of stock wall papers already but I did not interpret that as having a relation to the screen saver that kicks in after a while ? Will try when I get back to that TV in a week.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  9. dharris9311

dharris9311 Member

Download a couple of live wallpapers (Not a large selection, I know) and also, download an app called "Current Wallpaper). From the home screen, click on Home and all apps settings - wallpapers. You should be able to access your SS's from there. Still
    looking for the Fractal Wp myself. I tried to sideload it but it didn't work. Hope this helps ...Good luck!