Quantcast

Save to USB stick

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by jerryshoot, Dec 14, 2011.

1. jerryshoot

jerryshoot New Member

Using the newly acquired download ability is it possible to specify the USB stick rather than GTV's media card? Also does anyone else have a problem with saving to Homescreen. Whenever I specify homescreen, nothing happens
    Any help would be appreciated,
    Jerry

2. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Not that I'm aware of, however after downloading it to the default location "/mnt/sdcard/downloads" directory, you can move the file using File Expert from the Android Market.

If you're talking about your bookmarks and the "Add to home screen" option then look in the All Apps drawer. You'll see all your bookmarks there represented as shortcuts.
    Jerry[/QUOTE]

4. jerryshoot

jerryshoot New Member

Eferez,
    Thanks for your suggestion about using a file manager. It's a good idea. Had just downloaded the IO File App and it sees both the sdcard and the usb stick and allows for moving files from one to the other. AS for the Add to home screen, this comes up only in Chrome and adds bookmark thumbnails to the Bookmarks page, as for add to Home screen nothing comes up anywhere. The All Apps page contains shortcuts to applications only. The Homescreen, I'm assuming is the dock found on the Homescreen, which does allow widgets, which will add certain app shortcuts to the dock, but again certain apps only, but no bookmarks at all.
    Revue 5
    I'll check the link you provided, but a factory reset would be my last resort as it would mean redoing all the apps and bookmarks to be reloaded. But what happens when you use the Add to Homescreen option? Where does it appear.

Thank you both for your help,
    Jerry

5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I'm sure you are mistaken. The All Apps drawer can contain both bookmarks and applications. The applications will retain the icon from the Android Market, while shortcuts for bookmarks are symbolized by red vertical bookmark with the website's favicon.ico embedded within it.

The task bar on the Home screen that you're referring, can only accept items assigned from the All Apps drawer. In order to add bookmarks onto it, you'll need to use the "Replace" option on one of the current app icons with a bookmark shortcut from the All Apps drawer. While creating a bookmark in Chrome use the "Add to home screen" option. This will place its shortcut in the All Apps drawer despite what the description eludes.

6. jerryshoot

jerryshoot New Member

Eferez,
    You're right! My bad. Apologies and thanks.
    Jerry

7. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Glad to help. No need to apologize. It is an easy situation to overlook if you do not know what to look out for.

8. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

While in Chrome/Bookmark and you select Add to Home screen option, that bookmark will be placed in "All Apps Folder/drawer"
    (select is first icon in Home screen/task bar to open "All Apps" Folder/drawer),

You could placed it in home Screen - by replacing one of the seven icons - see how(bookmarks tips) -> http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...e-gtv2-0-ui-pq-netflix-apps-quick-review.html

See Tips (edited) here --> http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...e-gtv2-0-ui-pq-netflix-apps-quick-review.html

Cheers!

Good luck!

9. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Don't be silly. A factory reset in this situation does NOT make any sense. Whatsoever. Jerry is trying to understand where the "Add to home screen" option places his bookmarks. I have already explained the situation twice and he understands. So, there is no need to suggest a factory reset since that will unecessarily undo everything he has done so far.

10. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

11. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Why is this necessary? Jerry already confirmed it works as I have explained.
    I have never had to perform a Factory Reset since I purchased the Revue.

12. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member