Quantcast

SA8300HD BHN problems

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by Rose, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Rose

Rose New Member

Hello,

We are having constant freezes. When it's working - it's GREAT. But it's not working more than working. We have finally just took it out of the loop until we can find a solution or return it or whatever.

Cable Co: Brighthouse Tampa
    STB: SA8300HD
    TV: LG32LD350-UB
    Net: LAN - BH Lightning (just upgraded!)
    Connected from STB to Revue to TV - nothing else (via HDMI)

Sometimes (lately) turning on TV just sits with black screen. Unplug Revue and all is well.

That lasts anywhere from 10min to 3 hours and then the screen freezes or goes black. Unplugging the Revue will fix things but hey ...

When it's in this state, pressing home key or TV button or anything else does nothing. Only unplugging it and replugging it works.

Have emailed support - got a incident number - talked to them on phone - did what they suggested (re: HDMI handshake and pass through) to no avail.

Was wondering if anyone here might have some suggestions?

We have tried auto (for HDMI) as well as fixing it to 1080i and get the same result. We used to be WiFi on a lower bandwidth so we upgraded ($$$) to the fastest offered and I ran cable to the Revue so that isn't a problem.

What else can we try, or is it just not ready for BHN yet?

2. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

This does not sound like a normal experience..I would replace the unit for a new one at the store. :)

3. galfert

galfert Active Member

Sounds like HDMI HDCP problems. Maybe loose HDMI cable or cheap bad HDMI cable.