Quantcast

S21H Android 4.1 Mini PC Features 2GB Of RAM

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Dec 28, 2012.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

S21H Android 4.1 mini PC features 2GB of RAM - Liliputing (click for full article)

"It's been less than a year since the Android TV sticks/mini computers hit the streets with 512MB of memory and ARM Cortex-A8 processors. Now you can pick up a model with a dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor and 2GB of RAM for about $70.

CNX-Software spotted a new device called the S21H which features a Rockchip RK3066 processor, 2GB of RAM, and 8GB of built-in storage.

It sells for about $70 on AliExpress (and if you use the coupon code "mainagame5" you can knock $5 off that price).

The S21H features 802.11b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity, a microSD card slot for extra storage, and a full-sized USB 2.0 port that you can use to connect a mouse, keyboard, or other peripherals.

There's an HDMI connector on one end, which you can use to plug the stick directly into a TV or monitor so that you can run Android apps on a big screen. The device ships with Google Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.

Developers have been working to port Ubuntu Linux to run on devices with RK3066 processors, so it's possible you could eventually use the S21H as a cheap Linux computer as well - but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for fully functional Linux graphics drivers."

2. guest

guest Active Member

The company needs to set up a Product Fulfillment Center in the U.S. which is also authorized to accept returns and give refunds. Good luck mailing this product back to China for a refund if it stops working the day after you receive it.

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I don't know why I keep on reading about these devices but this one sounds the best so far. Yes it is a risk to buy one of these things, no support, no easy return but life is full of risks. I still won't be ordering one.