Quantcast

RUSH Blu-Ray Playback Problem on NSZ-GT1.

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by jdeane2112, Apr 9, 2011.

1. jdeane2112

jdeane2112 New Member

I am a longtime reader of this forum but I've never had a reason to register until now. First problem with the Sony NSZ-GT1 since I got it a few months ago.
    And to me this is a HUGE PROBLEM cause I love RUSH.

Just recieved the RUSH - "Moving Pictures" Deluxe Edition Blu-Ray yesterday and upon inserting the disc into the drive, it gives me a "Cannot read disc" error.

I tried looking for an update. My system is up to date. I tried rebooting. I tried many of my other BD and they load up just fine. Dont know what could be the issue, but I know the issue is the system because I heard of a couple other Rush fans who have the same player having the same problem with the same disc, And the disc works on my brothers player which is a different brand entirely... Vizio. (but he has no 5.1 setup so I couldnt enjoy the audio.)
    So i at least know its not the disc, its the player.

Anybody have this issue? Anybody know a way to fix this?

2. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

Here's something else to try if you haven't already....
    Do a data reset... Full Reset. Settings>About>Factory data reset.
    Maybe, worth a try though...

3. galfert

galfert Active Member

Here is another trick to try that often works with other Blu-ray players I've seen. The culprit may be that BD-Live may be not compatible with a particular BD title and your BD Player (until updates come out later possibly). So I would try turning off BD-Live on the Sony BD Player and then load your BD title and see if it now works. With my regular Sony Blu-ray player a BDP-S570 I've used this trick a few times to be able to load some BD titles. I don't know if turning off BD-Live is possible since I don't own a NSZ-GT1 but if it isn't possible try disconnecting the Internet from it to play your BD title, as that might do it. Of course you won't be able to take advantage of the BD-Live functions but at least you might be able to play the content using this trick.

Please report back and let us know if this trick works on a NSZ-GT1.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011