Quantcast

Running Bluray through Logitech Revue

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by chanomie, Mar 26, 2012.

1. chanomie

chanomie New Member

I've read this is possible - but not having success doing it.

I have an HDTV with a single HDMI input port.
    I have a Logitech Revue
    I have a Toshiba Bluray Player
    I do not have any live television

What I want to setup is to run my Bluray player into the GoogleTV HDMI In. Then run the GoogleTV into my television. I'm having issues.
    1) Launch "TV & Movies" - I the error message "Please configure a compatible TV service to view available TV content."
    2) I click "Configure TV Service" and select "Generic video source"
    3) I get into the "Add new device" dialog and it shows my DVD player home screen in the preview section so I click "Next"
    4) I get the confirmation "Use the generic video source to view video from devices that are not controllable by Google TV." and click "OK"
    5) This drops me back to the "TV source" dialog that shows "Generic video source - HDMI IN" in the list. I hit the back button and I'm back in the "TV & Movies" app

But now what? "TV & Movies" still says, "Please configure a compatible TV service to view available TV content."
    If I click that I see "Generic video source" in the list.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is my setup not going to work?

Thanks,
    /chanomie

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Just set up any TV source, I have mine set as TiVo and I don't run a TiVo through it but do run various HDMI sources through it when needed. The Revue doesn't have any way to know what HDMI source is connected. Just hit TV on the Revue keyboard when you want to watch something using the Toshiba player. The Revue keyboard will not control the Toshiba Blu-ray player and if you want to do that, it is more complicated if it is even possible.

3. chanomie

chanomie New Member

Well that was easy. Yeah - said I had an Comcast cable using an "Other - Other" device and skipped through the wizard. Now it gives me the TV listings and I pick any show and it passes through the DVD Player.

Thanks,
    /chanomie