Quantcast

[RUMOR] Android Market to hit Google TV sets in March/April?

Discussion in 'Google TV News' started by sparkyscott21, Jan 21, 2011.

1. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

On the plane ride back to Minneapolis from the Consumer Electronics Show a few weeks ago, I had the good fortune of sitting next to a representative from Logitech, makers of the Revue Google TV set-top box. In a passing comment, this rep mentioned that the Revue would be adding the Android Market around March or April of this year.

I didn’t really think twice about that comment until today, when rumors started to emerge of Google adding a filtering methodology to the market that would prevent users of non-touchscreen devices (i.e., Google TV) from viewing applications that require touchscreen interaction. This new filtering methodology would allow Google TV users to only view applications relevant to them, without needing to weed through the 100,000+ applications currently featured on the Android market.

Assuming my Logitech source wasn’t misinformed on the launch details, it appears we’ll be seeing the Android Market hit the Revue and other Google TV-enabled devices in the next few months. With the discovery of the new filtering methodology today, we’re pretty confident in our projection for a March/April release. We will, of course, keep you updated when we learn more.

By Anthony Domanico
    1-21-11
    Source​

• Like Like x 4
  2. lucas710

lucas710 New Member

Camby IN---------------------------Sony 40" GTV
    Yes! Good news about GTV :) I was wondering how they would deal with the Android Market.

Thanks..... :)

3. towboy123

towboy123 New Member

With all the buzz I feel like we will be seeing and update this week the all updates so far have come on Tuesdays and I have had them by Friday. My hopes are up.

4. harley man

harley man New Member

i hope your right :cool: