Quantcast

Routers used with Sony I-Player

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by delboy, Nov 13, 2012.

1. delboy

delboy New Member

Hi All
    It would be interesting to know what routers the forum members have their Sony I-players fully working with and their setup experiences.

I have a Linksys E3000 router running my network and had no problems with it until I connected the Sony Iplayer. see thread Youtube upgrade.

This could become a general discussion thread for setup information and experiences

Look forward to your replies.

2. googlethis

googlethis New Member

Netgear WNR3500v2 and no problems at all. The Sony is attached to an ethernet port, not using wireless.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I have used a ZyXEL P330W and now use an AT&T U-verse 3600HGV-B, both have worked great with a Sony NSZ-GT1. I do plan to switch to a dual band Wireless-N router soon, just because I have one to see how it works since so far I have only used Wireless-G routers.

• Like Like x 2
  4. delboy

delboy New Member

I have just verified that the Airlink 101, model AR725W router works will with the Sony Iplayer

5. delboy

delboy New Member

Hi All. I have the Sony Iplayer verified working to another router Linksys WRT320N

6. delboy

delboy New Member

Hi All. Just to confirm another router working OK with the Sony Iplayer Linksys EA6500

7. djrobinn

djrobinn New Member

I'm using the D-Link DIR-655 Xtreme N Gigabit Router with the Sony Player over wifi with no issues...

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dominique

Dominique New Member

Hello!

I'm new here... just received my Sony Internet player (NSZGS7) 3 days ago.
    I can't seem to connect the damn thing to my wifi network. The Sony Google TV is recognizing my wifi, and when I type in the password to connect it stays on the "connecting to Internet" page and says "connection failed" but keeps trying to connect. If I try connecting with WPS button, same result. I can connect all my other devices to the network, except for the Sony Internet Player. When I click on "Connect", there is a light on the router that starts flashing yellow indicating there is an issue (instead of blue meaning it is working normally). Router is a Belkin N-Router that is less than 2 years old. It has always worked fine.

Is it a firewall issue or something else? I am average in terms of computer knowledge. Can anybody help me? I can't wait to try this thing!

Dominique

9. delboy

delboy New Member

Hi Dominique. I don't know much about Belkin routers. But, what is your wireless security type setting on your router. As this plays a very important role in connecting your Sony Iplayer to the network. If the belkin router has any event logs feature, then you should enable the event logs and try again. Then take a looking into the logs to see if that gives you any indication of why the Sony Iplayer will not connect.

10. Dominique

Dominique New Member

My router has the highest security : WPA2 + WPS... it's not very old (bought in Nov 2010). I spent more time on th We issue and it's an authentication problem. I can connect the Sony GTV to my router but only when the security is disabled... When I try connecting to the securized network, it blocks at the authentication level. Even when using the WPS button, it won't allow me to connect. Correct me if I'm wrong, but since I can connect (with security disabled) my router doesnt seem to be the problem (at least at the hardware level). When the GTV was connected, I updated the firmware of the Sony. Still no luck.

11. mardukeme

mardukeme Member

Try changing the security levels wpa2+aes. If that doesn't work. Try hard resetting the router. Even if the values look correct in gui it may not be in the backend. Hard resetting and setting up from scratch might help. Has helped my in the past.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

12. Dominique

Dominique New Member

Problem solved !!!
    I tried setting a different network key **WITH NO SPACE** and it worked the first time.
    Hopefully that may help people with the same problem : I think the GTV unit just doesn't allow to connect to a network with a PSK containing the space key. This should be mentionned somewhere else on this site.

Thank you mardukeme for taking the time to try helping me!