Quantcast

Routers & Revue

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by revue5, Jun 21, 2012.

1. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Anyone got this new ($99 Router) AirPort Express Base Station cares to share his/here experience connecting to Revue?

It supports dual-band (2.4GHz & 5GHz) and if additional Ethernet-ports are needed maybe a reliable low coast Gigabit Ethernet Switch like This one can be added later (if needed).

It also seem that the AirPort Extreme (or multi) can be added as a wireless extender to this (Router) AirPort Extreme Base Station & they all can easily be configured on a PC, Mac or iOS device shown in hierarchical diagram – from this video.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  2. Jacksmyname

Jacksmyname Member

Hi Revue5.
    I have the original Airport Express.
    My home network consisted of two computers and the Revue, all hard wired to my router.
    I needed a wireless access point for two Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI tablets.
    I know just about nothing when it comes to wireless, and found the Express very easy to set up.
    Took about fifteen minutes.
    Both tablets work great with it.
    The only issue I have with it is watching movies on Amazon Prime. I don't think the Express is quite fast enough for that.
    The movies play, but not smoothly. The Express ethernet is 10/100, I probably need 10/100/1000 (I have the Express
    connected to the router via ethernet).
    Other than that, it's working great for me.

Jack

3. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

^^^
    Thanks,

Btw, from the specs, you could try to setup an additional “5GHz network” (from “Wireless options”) on the new router and connect to it to instead of connecting to “2.4GHz network” to improving WiFi performance (if you haven’t doe so already) – also change “5GHz channel” from ‘Automatic” to “36” or try other channels.

4. Jacksmyname

Jacksmyname Member

^^^
    Yeah, I might try that.
    Also thinking about getting the Airport Extreme, and use it hard wired.
    My Revue works great hard wired to my current router, and I don't want to mess that up.
    It's just the tablets that need the wireless.
    Thanks!