Quantcast

Router priority settings to optimize Netflix performance ??

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by dlflannery, Jan 15, 2012.

1. dlflannery

dlflannery New Member

I continue to have one, two or three "We are having trouble playing this title....." interruptions during a typical 1.5 hour HD movie playing on Netflix -- very annoying! My Internet is hardwired Ethernet and always tests with download speeds well above 6 Mbps and upload speed of 1.0 Mbps. My modem log shows no interruptions or outages.

I've done everything suggested in post #2 of the following thread:
    http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...e-gtv2-0-ui-pq-netflix-apps-quick-review.html
    except doing a Factory Default reset on my Revue -- which I'm reluctant to do for obvious reasons.

Does anyone know if there are preferred priority (Type of Service, "TOS") settings for the router to optimize Netflix?
    The choices available in my Router are:
    Normal-Service (0x00)
    Minimize-cost (0x02)
    Maximize-reliability (0x04)
    Maximize-throughput (0x08)
    Minimize-delay (0x10)
    I've already tried Normal-service and Minimize-delay and they haven't solved the problem. I'm currently trying Maximize-throughput.

I don't know if this TOS parameter is the same as QOS ("Quality of Service") but I can't find anywhere in my router interface to set a QOS value.

2. rhippler

rhippler New Member

I was also getting these several times per show. It seems to have cleared up, knock on wood.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

3. xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx New Member

I am still getting these a lot. The wife and kids report its during the day mostly. Seem after 4pm'sh EST, things go back to normal.

X