Quantcast

Roku2 XS able to hook up to Logitech Revue?

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by crassh76, Dec 7, 2011.

1. crassh76

crassh76 New Member

I have a question that I'm just going to throw out there....even though this may not the right place. Is it possible to hook up a Roku2 XS to the Revue? My receiver doesn't have a HDMI input for audio (the Roku2 only has HDMI out for DD+) and I would like to hook up the Roku2 XS to the Revue with a HDMI cable and then use the toslink (optical) output from the Revue to my receiver and a HDMI output from the Revue to my TV for audio and video. Will this work? I just purchased the Revue on Amazon so I won't get it for about a week, I just figured I'd get some research done and see if anyone has attempted this.

• Like Like x 2
  2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yes, you can connect the Roku 2 XS to the Logitech Revue and it will work. And Logitech Harmony database does have a downloadable IR profile for it. I did test that before moving it to my NSX-24GT1 television.

• Like Like x 2
  3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Btw, I should mention you still need to use the original remote for the accelerometer if the app requires it like Angry Birds. Otherwise, you can use the Google TV input devices to control the Roku's common selections as expected.

• Like Like x 2
  4. pmcd

pmcd Active Member

How do you get the Revue to send the Roku2 back command? I have been trying to do this with my Sony NSZ-GS7, but the back command doesn't seem to be there. The arrows and select work. I can go into Netflix or whatever and play a movie. I just can't ever go back.

Philip

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk HD

5. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

With the revue, you can add a generic device (for roku) & teach it IR commands from roku remote.
    (as the revue supports “Harmony components”).

6. pmcd

pmcd Active Member

Is there a similar option for the Sony GTV? I used to have a Revue and the Harmony integration was a great feature.

Philip

7. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

No, i wish. only revue has the "Harmony components". it was their specialty :)