Quantcast

Roku Adds Four More Games to it’s Lineup

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Rickaren, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Rickaren

Rickaren New Member Staff Member

Roku Adds Four More Games to it’s Lineup

01 Nov 2011

Roku has been on a rampage lately, adding new channels left and right. Just a couple of weeks ago Roku added an “adult” channel and a Catholic channel back to back. The most recent addition was a cooking channel for Roku. Now they’ve added four more titles to their growing casual gaming library.

Now these games aren’t anything cutting edge, and they sure aren’t going to make you throw out your PlayStation 3. But these are some great simple and fun casual games to play on your Roku system. The games cost $4.99 each, and you’ll need a Roku game remote to play, like the one that comes with the Roku 2 XS[​IMG]. If you don’t have the gaming remote already, you can purchase the Roku game remote separately for $29.99.

The Games
    [​IMG]

Pac-Man Championship Edition is pretty much a sequel that brings a modern take to the old classic Pac-Man. It still has lots of dot munching and ghost chomping action, definitely one to check out!

[​IMG]

Galaga is not a sequel, this is the original classic that lots of us enjoyed as kids (I know I did). Galaga is a game that is still just as much fun as I remember it, if you loved it when you were a kid I’m willing to bet you’re still going to love it now!

[​IMG]

Angry Birds Seasons is a new take on the modern classic Angry Birds. This is pretty much the same Angry Birds game play you’ve come to love, but now in themed settings based on holidays and seasons. If you love Angry Birds, you’ll love Angry Birds Seasons.

[​IMG]

Storm in a Teacup is a pretty popular game, but I’ve never played it. It’s supposedly a very unique and visually beautiful puzzle/platformer game. I might pick it up and give it a try later on.

SOURCE

2. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

I loved that Galaga game....

I spent many a quarter trying to get the high score, only to come back next day
    to see the scores were all shut off and restarted... So went the progress...[​IMG]

3. ibk

ibk New Member

Yeah Galaga was amazing, I want it on my Logitech revue!