Quantcast

Revue with Samsung str-t451 tuner problems

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by johnciaccio, Jan 27, 2012.

1. johnciaccio

johnciaccio New Member

Has anyone tried to use a dvi-d to hdmi adapter with the revue for video input?

I found a used Samsung sir-t451 HD tuner that supports up to 1080i video. The Revue can control the box perfect however the video will not pass through the Revue. The manual says it supports hdcp so in theory it should work. The video only shows a black screen.

I am going to try logitech support tomorrow. I have low expectations with most company tech support personnel but I will try anyways.

Would be nice to know if anyone has any experience using a dvi-d to hdmi adapter (I am using the cable from bestbuy geeksquad) to Logitech Revue.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Sounds like you're actually having HDCP issues. Another way to avoid these problems is using a Component to HDMI convector box like this Component (YPbPr) & S/PDIF Digital Coax/Optical Toslink Audio to HDMI Converter from Monoprice. The analog connections are not govern by the HDCP protocol, so you won't have to put up with its quirks. This will allow you to connect your set-top box via component connection into the Logitech Revue without the repercussion of a unstable HDCP handshake.

3. johnciaccio

johnciaccio New Member

I thought it might be something like that. I am surprised the logitech revue would allow a video source that does not havd HDCP unless the coverter actually produces a HDCP signal.

Anyways it would probably be cheaper to find a used Tivo unit with hdmi.

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Nope, its HDCP roll is a repeater while it is between your set-top box and television. So, it doesn't matter if the originating source is HDCP compliant or not. It only cares upstream as a source HDCP device to an AV Receiver or Television. Remember the whole HDCP bullshot is about signaling the source device to stop or obfuscate the digital signal transmission when a device downstream isn't compliant.

5. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Does the SIR-T451 work if you run it directly to the display? I have an older Samsung SIR-T165 I can connect and try if your T451 does work if connected directly.

6. johnciaccio

johnciaccio New Member

Yes it does. Works perfect. Right now I have it connect directly to a hdmi input on the tv (Insignia 55 inch). It shows up as a 1080 signal. Shame I can't get the connection to work with the revue. I wish there was some diagnostic information I could see from the revue..