Quantcast

Revue with a Standard DirecTV Reiceiver [ how to ]

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by pakal, Aug 10, 2011.

1. pakal

pakal New Member

I'll post this for reference, just in case someone is in my same situation.
    I have a DirecTV standard receiver and I cannot upgrade my subscription to an HD receiver/dvr for a couple of reasons that I am not going to explain here in this thread. The Standard receiver only has Composite and S-Video output, thus it cannot be directly connected to the REVUE, that only has an HDMI input.
    The solution is quite simple : I bought a Monoprice 7111 Composite and S-Video to HDMI converter (you can google it ) and hooked it up between my receiver and the REVUE. I then set up the TV Source of my REVUE to DirecTV and then to an unknown receiver. I put a fancy code when asked about the receiver model number.
    The converter is a plug and play device, with pretty much zero configuration. You can use it with the Composite Cables ( Yellow/Red/White ) or with the S-Video cable .
    I can now do PIP while surfing the web or any other revue app, and I can also search the DirecTV channel programming guide. The REVUE can perfectly control my receiver as well.
    Do not expect an HD resolution from the converter , especially if you have a 40 and more inch HDTV. But with this workaround you are now capable of fully use your REVUE paired with a standard receiver.
    I am so happy about the results.
    P_

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Incidentally, one can use an HD Fury to do the same thing for Component to HDMI with the Logitech Revue.

3. pakal

pakal New Member

Unfortunately a DirecTV Standard Receiver only have a Composite, not Component output.
    P_

4. I just ordered a Monprice 7111 online and would like to know what the fancy code you had to enter when asked about the receiver model number. Also, was it under the AV receiver step that you had to enter the number?

Thanks again,