Quantcast

Revue Uodate

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by Alaska4Me, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Alaska4Me

Alaska4Me Member

I just talked to Logitech,they said another update is on the way..does anyone else know about this?
    Also my Revue will not let me access the Google Play,anyone else experiencing this?

thanks

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

This is the first I have heard of a new Revue update, great news, I hope. I just accessed the Google Play store using a Revue, everything worked as it should. If a reboot doesn't fix it, wait a day or so and if still no luck, I would say try a reset to factory default by holding the rear reset/pairing button about 10 seconds or so. If you have your Revue backed up, restoring everything is pretty painless.

3. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

Before the factory reset, from Home Settings, go to Applications>Manage Applications and Uninstall Updates in Google Play Store App.

Carl

4. TheDrizzle

TheDrizzle New Member

I get an error saying that my device is no longer supported by Google Play and to check for an update...

5. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

To check for updates, from Home Settings>About>System Updates. Also check which firmware build you are on. It should be 3.2.

6. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Many others are in the same boat. If I was a betting man I'd say that this is going to be the forthcoming update from Logitech:

Re: Play Store version not supported? Just starte... - Logitech Forums

As a temporary workaround I suggest:

"Just go to the Google Play Store web site with Chrome browser, make sure you are logged into your account, and you can download apps that way. I actually have the Google Play Store web site bookmarked and on my home screen to make it a little easier."

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  7. thewamp

thewamp New Member

My Google Play Store also does not work anymore. I just replaced the Play Store Widget with the Weather Underground Widget, which is very useful for me. And, I am a lot less likely to get apps that I do not need if the Play Store Widget is not there!

After I learned that I can download apps from the Play Store using my computer to do so, I uninstalled the "Apps" app and reinstalled it from the computer to see if I could get the "Weather" app part of the suite to update. I still get "Last Updated: Network error". I only keep the "Apps" app because I like its Uninstaller.

My Revue firmware version is 3.2 and my build is KA2X-20120518.141456.user-b65871-p. Does the 20120518 part of the build code indicate that the date of the build is 2012 May 18? Does anyone who has successfully installed the new Google Play Store see a new build code? I have tryed all of the suggestions posted here on this forum in an attempt to get the updated Play Store, but still no working Play Store.

8. ChrisG8

You are on the May 18, 2012 update, the most recent is Oct. 9, 2012, ending in b70199. I have no problem accessing and using the Play Store and apparently neither does anybody else on the Oct. 9, 2012 firmware update.

9. ChrisG8

You can check Google Play Store app version. Go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Google Play Store. I am on 3.10.10, it works.

10. CatfishRivers

Here is an article that explains the current situation:

Logitech Revue Owners Having Issues With The Google Play Store - General News - RootzWiki - RootzNews - RootzWiki

I suggest trying the "fix" mentioned in the article to see if you can get the most recent update to download. The fix works for some Revue users. If not hopefully you will receive the new update soon - as Google is claiming that the update is still rolling out.

** From what I gather the best way to try the fix is FIRST go to settings and stop the Google Services app (you'll find it in "running services"). Then go to the Google Services Framework app (you'll find it in manage applications "all") and force stop & clear data. Then go to settings --> about --> system updates and see if the new update is available.

**There have been reports that some users were unsuccessful if they just tried force stopping and clearing data from the Google Services Framework app - but then upon retrying and taking the additional step of stopping Google Services first it worked.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  11. CatfishRivers

12. mdovell

mdovell New Member

Just to sort of note this work around does work ...but....

Google changed the names of some of their products and I think THIS is what is causing confusion. instead of Google Play it is Play Store. So chances are some might not notice this (the icon didn't change) and assume it is the same..it isn't. It's sort of like going from microsoft to novell for a moment.

13. Alaska4Me

Alaska4Me Member

Last night,when I thought it would be another week or so,I got a little early "christmas present" from logitech,in the form of the update..yay!! wow I have more apps and other goodies than I know what to do with...a good friend of mine on the Sony GTV said "those should keep you busy for awhile" wow he was not kidding!