Quantcast

Revue to costar and back to revue

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by jphccfc, Oct 13, 2012.

1. jphccfc

jphccfc New Member

I received my costar yesterday as a replacement to my revue, I wanted a newer Google tv to ensure I get updates and also so I could use 3d capability that the costar has. My experience hasn't been too good with the costar. I'm hoping the following are issues that can be resolved as I have had to revert back to the revue. My issues are as follows :-

No live tv signal. Overnight the revue must have powered down and then I could no longer get the tv signal. I rebooted my pvr my tv and my amp but still couldn't get a signal even though it was working the day before.

Remote control is flakey Bluetooth seemed to work ok for the costar but my other devices were never controlled. The device library didn't either have the models or when they did it still didn't control my device even when I pointed the remote directly at the device.

For me these two issues are deal breakers. Has anyone got similar experiences with potential solutions? I would live to try again if I felt I could resolve the issues.

Having also reverted back to the revue I'm actually wondering if the picture quality was degraded with my costar as the picture appears to be better

2. zim2dive

zim2dive Active Member

I have to reboot my CoStar frequently to get LiveTV working again. Unlike the Revue there is a power button for the box on its remote.. and it does reboot quickly.. however this should not be needed. And there is no message that the LiveTV has crashed or anything. I had to unplug/replug my Revuew maybe once/month for this... the CoStar is 2-3x/week :(

3. MSmithGTV

MSmithGTV New Member

I had the same issue with the remote. I had to do a factory reset (hold button on bottom of unit in for 15 seconds). Then I removed my devices and re-added them, and all has been fine since. I had that issue once with Live TV and had to unplug it and my cable box and replug them both back in. I actually wondered if it was the screensaver causing it. You could try disabling it. Or try turning the unit off when your done with it. I've been doing that and it hasn't happened again....yet.

I don't know how the revue was, but in general, the box feels 80% complete. So much potential, but so far a bad implementation. Not sure if it's Google's fault or Vizio's.