Quantcast

Revue Stopped Working

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by mbenitez, Dec 2, 2012.

1. mbenitez

mbenitez New Member

I need help,

my revue is doing the following, from time to time its stopped working. Its mean that I saw a black screen with no signal from reveu and I have to disconect and connetc again to resume working. The Ctr-Alt-Del not working when I get the black screen. The only thing I can do to get it work again is cut the power and everything working again till its stopped working. I tried factory reset a couple of time with no results.

I dont know what to do, this is my last step from get a vizio co star to replacment. but I like my big keaboard.

I would apreciate your help.

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

By factory reset do you mean held the button on the back right long enough to reboot and then go through setup again? If that is what you have done, did you restore all of your settings from your Google account? If the answer is yes to both, try again without restoring your account to the device and see if it will run in that state.

3. mbenitez

mbenitez New Member

Chris, I did the Factory Reset through settings. I tried to do by accessing the recovery menu but when I got the Arrow with the GTV Logo the FN key with left arrow did not work and could not access the recovery menu.

When I did the factory reset I tried both with restoring and without restoring and the result was the same. It work fine for an undetermined time and then get the black screen.

4. winiwn2

winiwn2 New Member

I have the same problem now. I suspect it is the 'Mitty torrent' app. The reason to do with Mitty is that I install this app for 2 times. 1st time in 5 month ago when it came out: I just uninstalled it, then my Revue went back to normal. But, yesterday is the 2nd time I install, after I found the same problem, then uninstall it - still can not fix the problem.
    Did you install the 'Mitty' app before ?

Update: Problem solved. I unplug the FAT32 USB drive, and reformat to NTFS, plug back in. Anyway, the app should not cause black screen even if the USB is FAT32.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012