Quantcast

revue slow to control cable box

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by mgmarsh39, Jan 30, 2013.

1. mgmarsh39

mgmarsh39 New Member

Hi All,

Sorry for a question on my first post...

I've had my Revue for about a year now and its always taken about 2-3 minutes to allow me to control my cable box with the keyboard. I also have a Harmony one remote which also takes roughly 1-2 minutes to allow me to control my cable box. It will instanly allow me to control the TV and my AV reciever. I've since switched cable boxes from the Scientific Atlanta to the new Comcast Cisco box, but still have the same issue. For reference I have a comcast Cisco 8600 HDC.

Is this normal or a setup issue on my part?

Thanks!

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I don't have that cable box or any cable box for that matter but I can immediately control a TiVo with either a Logitech Revue or Sony NSZ-GT1 using the Logitech Revue K700 keyboard. I would say a delay of 2-3 minutes is defintely not normal. Is that boot up time for the cable box or boot up time for the Logitech Revue or time required if both cable box and Logitech Revue are at full power when you start?

3. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Set the Revue to 720p & check out these "HDMI handshake" suggestions (& you may need to replace old hdmi cables w/new "high speed cables") & see if that helps.

4. mgmarsh39

mgmarsh39 New Member

No, both the cable box and revue have already booted up. Basically I have to control the cable box with my comcast remote for the first 2-3 min then i can switch over. Same goes for my harmony one.

Thanks for the information. I just tried setting it to 720 and didnt help. Friend of mine has some new HDMI cables I might borrow this weekend and will revert back.

I thought it might be a line of sight issue, so I moved my cable box from under the TV to the top. Still same issue. Even put the revue on top of the cable box to see if that would help. Seems like its a delay in the revue connecting to my cable box.

If I switch everything off for 5 min then back on it controls everything just fine. Its only after its been turned off for at least 10-15 minutes.

5. mgmarsh39

mgmarsh39 New Member

Well, i tried about 3 different hdmi cables and still seeing the same issue. Any other thoughts? I may try calling logitech today.

6. chopper

chopper Active Member

So let me get this straight. Does this occur every time you press the TV button or every time you restart your GTV box? Please ans. and also try this in the mean time:

Go to All Apps, Settings, TV Source and confirm you have the exact Cable Box Model Number and Brand set up on your GTV box.

If the ans. is yes try this next:

Click on the listed cable box model you have previously entered and scroll down and select Delay. Set this to as short as possible and hit Ok. If your cable box starts missing numbers when you type for example 542 and sees it as 52 then start increasing the delay until your GTV box accurately transfers key entries to your cable box.

If you have everything set up correctly already then I would do a firmware reset and see it starting from scratch fixes the problem. I would do the testing before installing a bunch of apps.

If this doesn't work the Seeder App might help along with Ram Booster. Just do a search for the Seeder APK thread and read up on it to decide if this possible solution is for you.

Failing all this the actual HDMI in or out connection on your GTV box may be poor and it may be time to buy a new GTV box.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  7. mgmarsh39

mgmarsh39 New Member

So let me get this straight. Does this occur every time you press the TV button or every time you restart your GTV box? Please ans. and also try this in the mean time: It occurs every time i reset the box. I'm forced to use the supplied cable remote for the first 2-3 minutes of use. It does though control the tv functions such as volume etc instantly.

Go to All Apps, Settings, TV Source and confirm you have the exact Cable Box Model Number and Brand set up on your GTV box. Confirmed it is the correct box

If the ans. is yes try this next:

Click on the listed cable box model you have previously entered and scroll down and select Delay. Set this to as short as possible and hit Ok. If your cable box starts missing numbers when you type for example 542 and sees it as 52 then start increasing the delay until your GTV box accurately transfers key entries to your cable box. I've played with the delay etc and have it set so there is no issue once the remote begins to control the box. I started with the shortest possible and have moved about a quarter of a way to the end which is where it currently lies.

If you have everything set up correctly already then I would do a firmware reset and see it starting from scratch fixes the problem. I would do the testing before installing a bunch of apps.This is what logitech suggested, but said to wait until next friday for the update

If this doesn't work the Seeder App might help along with Ram Booster. Just do a search for the Seeder APK thread and read up on it to decide if this possible solution is for you.Thanks! i'll look into this!

Failing all this the actual HDMI in or out connection on your GTV box may be poor and it may be time to buy a new GTV box. ugh i hope not... just curious, why would a failing HDMI cause my remote to not connect for 2 or 3 minutes?