Quantcast

Revue not updating Netflix

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by eferz, Sep 13, 2011.

1. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Taken from Logitech's Support Forums: Re: Revue not updating Netflix

Yes, the description makes sense but the symptoms do not. It almost sounds as if your Netflix user interface is either off-center or over-sized. Here are a couple of screenshots of the Netflix interface from my Logitech Revue.

$Photo Sep 13, 8 43 58 AM.jpg $Photo Sep 13, 8 46 43 AM.jpg $Photo Sep 13, 8 47 12 AM.jpg

If they you think that this is the case, then try going into GTV Settings > Picture and sound then either reduce the output Resolution or reset the Picture size to see if that bare any difference with your Netflix menus.

2. rayck23

rayck23 New Member

$001.jpg Ok Here is what my screen looks like....

3. DefenderBob

DefenderBob New Member

Excellent choice with Futurama.

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Well, I checked the version numbers and we do in fact have the same versions. The only difference is that your left-hand menu system looks screwed up.

This was posted on the Logitech Forums, give it a try.

5. rayck23

rayck23 New Member

no luck...followed the steps you outlined and nothing changed...hmm what to do next?

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Have you tried performing a factory reset of the Logitech Revue?

7. rayck23

rayck23 New Member

Thank you for all your quick responses....Yes I have done a factory reset twice. I will attempt to do this one more time and see what happens. My only other option would be this....I just bought this unit from Best Buy a few days ago, and could go swap it out in effort to rule out a hardware issue. It seems like I have tried everything thus far with no luck and unless you have another idea, this is more than likely what I will do. I will update my post when I finish resetting the unit.

UPDATE: I went through the whole reset process twice and still no luck. I would like to know if when I do a factory reset should the previous software updates be deleted as well? When I do a fresh factory reset on the Revue, it tells me all my updates are current. I figured it would go through the process of re-downloading everything. Just a thought....

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  8. gadgetman

gadgetman New Member

When I look at the Netflix under applications I can see my movies, (I just bought my Revue about 2 days ago and have all updates) the first time I went there it asked me for my Netflix ID and password. If I try to use the Netflix listed from the Main menu I can't see any of my movies and only see the headings for "New Arrival Movies", "New Arrival TV", and "Television" with nothing listed . If I try to scroll after these I can't see any other Categories.

9. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

That the Netflix Custom Shelf is broken because it isn't associated with an active account. To get it to work, you'll need to login into the Netflix application then create a new Custom Shelf named "Netflix" then then add the individual Netflix widgets for "New Arrival Movies", "New Arrival TV", and "Television". You can delete the old Netflix widget.

10. gadgetman

gadgetman New Member

Thanks for the quick reply, I understand the part of it not working and not being associated with the netflix account but I don't understand the part about creating a custom shelf. You mention about signing onto the Netflix account, is this the Netlix account on the Netflix website that I would access using Google Chrome? Could you please provide more information on how I would create a shelf? I am new to Google TV and not familiar with that terminology\process. Thanks

11. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Sorry, I didn't mean to be vague. The "Netflix application" does not mean the "Netflix website". The Netflix application I was referring to is the icon labeled "Netflix" within the GTV Home under Application drawer widget.

To create a Custom Shelf for Netflix

1. Go to GTV Home
    2. Go down to "Edit" on the left side pane.
    3. Click on the "+" button and select "Custom Shelf"
    4. Type in the name, "Netflix", in the New Shelf Text Box and press "OK"
    5. Click on the "+" button on the right side pane below the words, "This shelf is empty"
    6. Pick "Netflix" widget and the appropriate sub-categories
    7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 for each of the three shelves
    On the left side pane, the double-sided blue arrow will move the respective widget up and down whereas the red "x" deletes the widget from the Home screen.

12. Gutta624

Gutta624 New Member

Thanks, I know I didn't post this but it had been annoying me for a month or so now. Never thought to research the issue. I figured honeycomb was only days away. I won't hold my breath... Now off to try this fix

13. Gutta624

Gutta624 New Member

IT WORKS!..Strange that we have to do it this way but I don't mind workarounds.

14. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

It's because Netflix doesn't allow anonymous access to their library of content. In my opinion, Google should have help Netflix out by showing them how to create a login wizard that creates the custom bookshelf as part of the first time login process. This would be a lot less confusing than creating a dysfunctional custom shelf with unassociated widgets.

15. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

Eventually, we will have a work around for everything, if that much more time is out there before the update.:p

16. gadgetman

gadgetman New Member

Creating the Shelves for Netflix worked, Thanks for the reply on how to fix this, I appreciate having something like this (forum) out here with experts on how to learn about this information, so far I love my Google TV well worth the $100 to be able to access so much content from the internet, Thanks

17. ThemBastards

ThemBastards New Member

Hi guys, thanks for the work around on this issue. Netflix worked flawlessly for the first 2 weeks I had the Revue and then nada... The work around only allows 3 categories of Netflix to be viewed? Is that right?