Quantcast

Revue: Netflix Audio Sync / Lag and also TV Power Toggle

Discussion in 'Google TV Major Issues' started by Majestik, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Majestik

Majestik New Member

Hello,

I recently purchased a refurbished unit from Amazon. I had initially set up the unit with My Time-Warner Cable Cisco Explorer and a Sony Bravia 40W4100. Everything seemed to work fine out of the box. I used HDMI between the TV/Revue and HDMI from STB and Revue. Sound is to an Onkyo receiver via Optical. At first I was thrilled but now I'm running into some problems:

(1) This weekend I purchased a new TV, Sony Bravia 55BX520. I removed the old 40", then installed the new 55". Upon installation of the new TV, the TV power toggle ceased working. I can see the revue blink indicating it received a signal, but the TV does nothing. Incidentally, before I installed the new TV, the power toggle worked on the new TV based on the old TV settings. Anyway, I've removed and reinstalled the TV a few times. I've installed the IR blaster. I've gone through settings to teach the IR Code from the TV remote (ir signal received & updated). All to no effect. The TV button is just dead. It doesn't do Fn-Input function either. STB and AVR buttons work fine.

(2) Netflix streaming... initially it worked perfectly fine. I was getting the "having trouble streaming this video" error a little bit, but I deleted the data and re-logged in and that seems to be gone. Now, however, the audio is out of sync with the video. Before I changed TVs it was fine. But now I get a lag in the audio so it looks like a bad kung-fu movie dub. I have cleared Netflix data multiple times. I've rebooted my router and hard-booted the revue. I have reverted to factory default settings on the Revue - complete do-over. Nothing seems to help. The audio sync / lag shows up on all videos I've tested it on.
    Netflix works perfectly on all other devices I own (xbox, ipad, blu-ray). I've never had this issue until I upgraded my tv.

I have searched for answers to these problems and have found nothing that works. The tv power I can live with, but since we use the Revue primarly for netflix streaming, the audio sync is an unacceptable problem.
    Does anyone have any ideas?

Much appreciated,
    Mike

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I realize you've only upgraded Sony television, but have you tried removing the current IR profile under GTV Settings > TV & AV Receiver > TV > Remote and going through the wizard to configure the new model. Also, when you used the mini-IR Blaster which came with the Logitech Revue, did you make sure to direct its orientation as place it as close as possible to your television's IR sensor.

Try disconnecting the connection to your Onkyo receiver and listen to the audio coming directly from your television. Is there a difference in the dilation between the audio and video output? Have you tried other apps or website that stream movies to see if this is an issue distinct to the Netflix app or not?

3. Majestik

Majestik New Member

Thanks, Eferz,

I did check the tv sound vs the receiver and found the tv sound was even worse out of sync. I spent several hours trying various things. I actually just returned the Revue and the TV, and bought an internet-ready Bravia... and last night I watched the best quality netflix stream I've ever seen... better than cable. So my Revue is gone, but I am happy.
    Cheers,
    M

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Glad to help. Sorry it didn't work out for you.