Quantcast

Revue Media Streaming

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by MichaelR77, Dec 13, 2011.

1. MichaelR77

MichaelR77 New Member

Hello all,

I just got the Revue and the update went through. So far I love it. However I am having a difficult time figuring out how to access my external hard drive. I have a EHD connected to my wireless router and I can see it and get into in on all other devices, laptop, desktop, and tablet. However I cant get full use of it on Google TV.

The logitech media player is finally seeing my hard drive but it is not seeing any folders or files. The GTV Box app is seeing the folders but not the files inside of them. I think some of that might be the format of the videos, currently I only have my .mod files in the folder on the EHD, but I cant see any jpg files. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

MOD is a format that recognized by Google TV. I would recommend using a multimedia converter to like format factory to convert it into the MP4 format. Here's some instructions that might help you (How to Convert MOD Files | Computer Realm)

3. mcd2000

mcd2000 Active Member

My bad. Never heard about MOD file format. So, did not include it into GTVBox file filter. What is it?:confused:

4. Jmprnbr1

Jmprnbr1 New Member

Anyone no how to stream media from one revue to another. I have one upstairs and down and would love to stream media from them. Any app able to do that yet?

5. mcd2000

mcd2000 Active Member

Try avia media player. It acts like DLNA server.

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I think its one used by JVC camcorders.

7. MichaelR77

MichaelR77 New Member

Yes, MOD is from my JVC camcorder.

Even if the files are not a recognized format shouldnt the media player still see the folders?

Is there any other player that does video and photos? It seems like GTV may be the answer for vids once I get the format worked out but it doesnt handle photos.

Also file expert see the EHD and the files but it doesnt let me do anything with the jpegs, it just shows them, when I click on them it just goes back to the same folder.

I really appreciate the responses. I cant wait until I get this all ironed out because I think even with these issues Google TV is pretty awesome.