Quantcast

Revue keyboard on/off switch

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by chinarut, Sep 18, 2011.

1. chinarut

chinarut New Member

does any actually bother to turn their keyboard off? and if you do, do you notice a significant difference in battery life?

while I didn't use a digital voltmeter, it sure seems like the AA batteries that came with the unit have just about the same amount of juice as they did 3-4 weeks ago and we never turned the keyboard off.

isn't the keyboard designed to sleep anyways?

2. lonnydub

lonnydub New Member

I almost always turn mine off. Not because I'm worried about battery life but because when I grab it I can do so carelessly and not worry about hitting buttons.I have had my batteries in my keyboard for almost a year now. Got it on day 1 from Logitech. Use it almost every day. I know I didn't answer any of your questions but thought I would chime in my thoughts.

3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I don't know about going "to sleep" but the keyboard and the Unify 2.4Ghz receiver is supposed to be energy efficient. The K700/T700 keyboard is supposed to last about a year on typical use according to the technical specification page. My Logitech Revue keyboard still has the original batteries in it and once next month passes, it will have been a year. Even though typical is a subjective term, I haven't even seen the "Low Battery" indicator displayed on television with it. However, I have seen it on the Logitech K360 which is supposed to last three years according to its features.

4. arrowrand

arrowrand New Member

I've only had my Revue for a few months, but I never turn the keyboard off. Including quality batteries with the Revue (and Harmony remotes) is a great thing for Logitech to do. The China batteries that came with my last DirecTV remote didn't last a month, even the remote was a brand new model that had only been available for a few months when I got it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

I always turn mine off as well..
    I have owned it since last November, and still original batteries.

6. galfert

galfert Active Member

But don't you all think that flipping that switch on and off every day would cause some wear on the power switch? For this reason I never turn mine off. I would hate for it to break since I use it every day. I'm glad it is battery efficient and so see really no need to be messing with the power switch....I don't want it to break! None of my other remote controls have a power switch...so I don't see why this keyboard had to have one in it.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  7. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

I would be more worried about the cache all the time..
    Speaking of which, is the Sony can turn off, maybe the update will allow the Revue to as well..

8. arrowrand

arrowrand New Member

The slide switch is pretty solid. I don't leave mine on because I'm concerned about the switch. My Harmony remotes don't turn off, why should I turn the keyboard off? That's my point.

Sent from my Android powered Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

9. surprisinguy

surprisinguy New Member

what's a few bucks for batteries a year anyway

10. chinarut

chinarut New Member

good comment on quality batteries - i, too, was impressed when I saw quality Duracell batteries in em!

thanks for all the comments - sounds like we'll keep the keyboard switched on - get the impression the on/off switch is good for when you're travelling w the unit or just need to lock out keyboard input.

I'll be sure to report back when the batteries finally do go - just be sure to be patient :)