Quantcast

Revue Keeps Restarting

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by allevolve, Nov 13, 2011.

1. allevolve

allevolve New Member

I have had the Logitech Revue for about two months and for the first month or so it worked fine, but over the last few weeks it randomly and repeatedly restarts. I have not changed any settings or connections since I first set it up. So, I'm not sure why it started having this problem. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for why it restarts since it restarts while watching live TV, while using HBO GO via GTV, while browsing the web, or even while I'm in the middle of going through the various menus to find something to watch. I even tried resetting the revue to factory default settings and the problem still persists. It has become so bad that I have unplugged my cable set-top box from the Revue and am plugging the cable box directly into the TV so I can at least watch TV uninterrupted.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Most of the crashes on the Logitech Revue are due to website that inundating the Adobe Flash software. In the the upcoming update of Android 3.1 (Honeycomb), Flash has been updated to 10.2 and is more stable than the one currently on the Revue.

3. allevolve

allevolve New Member

I'm pretty sure you just posted the exact same reply on the logitech forums, and I doubt this is the problem. Why would it be crashing even while watching live TV? Even if I go directly to TV after a restart-and do nothing else-it will still restart within 5-10 minutes.

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

That's very odd. It shouldn't be crashing at all while the Live TV app is up. Check if you can hear the fan, or if the Revue feels l ike its running hot. It could be that the CPU isn't appropriately venting the heat away from the CPU and causing problems due to overheating.

5. roobler

roobler New Member

I had the same issue, I called up Logitech support and they are in the process of sending me a shipping label to have my unit replaced.

Two ways they tried to resolve the issue were performing a factory reset (I didn't mind because I just purchased it), and plugging the unit directly into the wall instead of through a surge protector... for me, this didn't help.

6. teggy6

teggy6 New Member

i have been dealing with this issue for i dont know how long, i purchased mine back when it came out, i don't remember if it happend back then but past couple of months its been happening more often, i did update to the leaked version of honeycomb thinking this was a software issue, but the problem continued. unit does feel hot, but can hear and feel air coming out of vents.

7. failurbydesign

failurbydesign New Member

Did you have the Leaked HC on it?

8. nchilltopper

nchilltopper New Member

I dealt with this issue about 6 months after purchase and after some troubleshooting found that the unit was overheating due to dust in the fan intake. The fact that I have the unit located on top of my Home Theater receiver made it that much worse. It may have been fine had it been moved away from the heat source but I just popped it open and cleaned everything, voila, worked perfect. After another six months it started doing the same thing but this time the fan had quit completely. This time I got fancy and replaced the fan with one that I had laying around and modded it a little to allow more airflow....almost a year later, no trouble. Hope this helps anyone having similar issues.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I think the Revue needs to be in the open and kept cool with good ventilation. If I have an issue like this, fan replacement is what I will try, thanks for the advice.

10. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

My Revue just randomly reboots at least once a day. This happens while I'm web surfing. It happens when I'm moving the cursor with touch-pad. Is this the same kind of issue you are talking about?

It's annoying when it happens because I lose my cookies and have to re-sign in to my web sites.

IMO my issue mentioned here is due to a software glitch in the GTV OS (not related to overheating or hardware).

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012