Quantcast

Revue HDCP Issue With Motorola Comcast Box

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by DrunkOnEgo, Jan 20, 2013.

1. DrunkOnEgo

DrunkOnEgo New Member

I just purchased an Onkyo HT0Rc460 Receiver. My Comcast cable box is a Motorola DCH-3200. I am getting the HDCP issue where I do not get a picture and choppy audio when the Revue is hooked up directly to the new Onkyo receiver. I know there is an optical cable workaround but I would rather run everything through the receiver via HDMI. I have read old threads on here where purchasing a Tivo Premier and getting a CableCard from Comcast will allow me to hook the cable set top box now a Tivo directly to the A/V receiver and get the picture and audio without any HDCP issues. I would like to know if anyone else is using this method. I have found old threads where people found their Tivos were also giving the HDCP error but one guy has posted that the Tivo Premier will get around the HDCP issue. If anyone knows for sure or has used this method please let me know. I would hate to buy a Tivo and still have the HDCP issue. My other option is to try to get a non Motorola set-top box from Comcast. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you in advance. P.S. As a note all Motorola and Comcast boxes have this issue and are limited to 2 HDCP handshakes and no 1.4 HDMI high speed cables do not fix the issue, sadly I received two very snotty incorrect replies elsewhere while very politely asking for help.

2. Jarhead

Jarhead Member

No, they don't all have this issue. I already told you in the other exact same thread. I've been using a dct-3412 with a revue for 2 years. Not just one, but 2 boxes and revues. Your problem isn't a problem. Go get the right box from comcast and it's done.

3. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member