Quantcast

Revue HC 3.1 issues

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by Cygnus, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Cygnus

Cygnus New Member

I installed the update this morning. I noticed some problems.

1. It is not recognizing my cable source. I enter my zip code and it can't find any provider in my area. WTH??
    2. I can't add my STB info due to issue 1.
    3. Since it can't find my cable provider, nothing is listed in GTV's guide.

Thus I am using Generic video source HDMI in as the source. With the older software it found my cable provider, STB model, etc. Now nothing.

Netflix info deleted. I try to enter my login info but I can't sign in. I click on continue button, press ENTER/OK, etc nothing happens.

Does the HC update remove the bookmark feature? I had several pages bookmarked, now they are gone. Needless to say, I am disappointed with the update.

Before the update everything worked fine.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Maybe its mad at you for calling it a failure?

3. Mar

Mar New Member

Your bookmarks aren't gone, they're just buried. Bookmarks in HC are only available to the browser and not part of the search path. You can access your bookmarks while Chrome is open by pressing the "Menu" button and selecting "Bookmarks" from the menu.

There doesn't appear to be a keyboard shortcut to get to them. :(

• Like Like x 2
  4. BubbaHotep

BubbaHotep New Member

Try doing a factory restore, you will lose bookmarks but it will probably get your STB back. Bookmarks a broken down into two areas Chrome bookmarks and others such as TV or apps.

if you long hold the "Star" key it will bring up your favorite channels and what is currently playing on them. short press the "star" will let you do other things such as share, record, add, etc.

5. Cygnus

Cygnus New Member

OK thx. I think google/logitech should have made a video describing the changes to the interface.

6. Cygnus

Cygnus New Member

I might try that. But I am concerned that it may not detect my TV, surround sound, etc since its not noticing cable or STB...

7. thedude

thedude Member

My only gripe so far is that the TV button no longer switches to the STB video input when the TV is not on that input. With 2.1, I liked this feature because I could switch back to watching tv after using a source on a different input by simply hitting one button (the TV button).

In general, Google does a poor job of explaining new Android features. I am discovering lots of interface changes and capabilities, most quite good. However, it's something that takes some initiative to discover.