Quantcast

Revue has solved my ATT Uverse remote problems

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by stuberman, Aug 26, 2011.

1. stuberman

stuberman Member

I have had Uverse since 2008 after buying a 46" LCD HD TV. Uverse came with a Motorola VIP-1216 set top box and an infrared remote control.
    From day one I have had problems with IR interference (probably due to output from the LCD panel) affecting the remote's ability to control the STB.
    Additionally the Uverse STB would sometimes go into a 'Mute' mode that required reprogramming the remote to 'unmute' the STB.
    A few months ago I broke down and replaced the original ATT IR remote with an ATT RF remote (which uses radio instead of infrared) at the cost of $69.
    Unfortunately the RF remote is not compatible with the Logitech Revue so I had to unplug the USB RF dongle.
    Yesterday I received my Logitech Revue and was thrilled that the controller works perfectly with my Uverse STB and TV (I do use the IR mini-blaster)
    I then discovered the iPhone and iPad app for Google TV Remote and found those work great as well for TV viewing.
    Now I no longer use the ATT remotes and could have saved myself $69 had I known that the Revue improves the experience.
    My only question is whether I need to turn the power switch off on the Revue controller after each use or will the keyboard go to a power saving mode?

Logitech Revue
    ATT Uverse
    Hardwire thru D-Link DES-1108
    Sharp 46" LC-46SE94U

2. DefenderBob

DefenderBob New Member

Good question - I do not know. I have been switching mine off when not using (I also have the 1216 box with uverse)

3. galfert

galfert Active Member

I've had my Revue since first week in January. I've never turned off the keyboard. I use my Revue and its keyboard every day for a couple hours. I still have the original batteries that came with it. So that is a pretty efficient use of battery if you ask me. If you mess with the hardware on/off switch every day it may wear the switch and go bad. Since I don't see the Revue keyboard using up batteries fast I think it well worth it to leave it on all the time.

I remember reading that Logitech recommended turning off the keyboard only if you were not going to be using the Revue for extended period of time like you left your home for a few days or weeks on a vacation or business trip.

4. DefenderBob

DefenderBob New Member

Thanks for the feedback galfert