Quantcast

Revue has become horrible lately

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by misfit410, May 12, 2012.

1. misfit410

misfit410 New Member

I don't know what's going on with my revue but over the last month or so, it's been almost unusable..
    I'll use amazon or netflix and these are fine, try to see what is on tv and it just asks if I want to check my connection or refresh ,
    if I choose another section here, MOVIES, SHOWS, etc.. those will work fine, but then I come back to what what's on and it's back at check con/refresh..
    I'll have to sometimes refresh a few times, sometimes a hundred times and it will finally work.

Also Youtube has become unusable.

2. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

When you get sometime try,

Good luck

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

This complaint is fairly common and one of the reasons Google TV is doing so poorly. Basically, I believe it is a result of having the storage too full or several apps installed or cache too full or running several processes simultaneously. I saw it one time briefly, I cleared cache, cleared storage, uninstalled a few apps and have not had the problem since but if it is so easy for a user to put his box in a state that can't be used effectively just by doing things the box allows, that it is a serious problem. Follow suggestions provided above by Revue5 and you should be able to restore your Revue to a usable state. I know how to use mine and never have serious issues but only because I don't try to do much that would burden the system and its limited resources.

4. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Dont forget to check what your default view is set to with your google tv - It should be set to your cable box or something other then a dvd player as the movies and tv app reads it's listings based on what the default tv setting is. In other words before I set my sony google tv to my dish programming it was set to over the air as default and the only data that showed up was my over the air programming until I change the default view to my dish dvr.