Quantcast

Revue gets an update March 15

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by towboy123, Mar 15, 2011.

1. towboy123

towboy123 New Member

Revue & Google TV Update - March 15, 2011 - Logitech Forums

From that link

Hi,

We have begun sending out a software update to Logitech Revue over the air today. We are sending the update out in waves and it will take a few days before all Logitech Revue boxes receive it. All Logitech Revue boxes will receive the update by end of day on Saturday, March 19, 2011.

Your Logitech Revue will display a message when the update is available to you for download and installation. If you are not using your Logitech Revue when the message is displayed, the update will automatically be installed after 30 minutes of the message being displayed with no response.

To check if your Logitech Revue has received the update, follow the steps below:
    From the Google TV home screen, go to Applications > Settings > About.
    Scroll down to Build Number. If your Logitech Revue has received the update, the number will end in "b47773"

New Features
    Description Product/App
    Windows Media Audio (WMA) codec support has been included Logitech Media Player
    Bugs Fixed
    Description Product/App
    We fixed the issues that prevented the Logitech Media Player app from displaying media when using the MediaTomb UPnP media server. Logitech Media Player
    We fixed the issues that prevented the detection of a USB drive when the Logitech TV Cam is connected. Logitech Media Player
    We fixed the issues that prevented playback of files 2GB or larger from a USB device. Logitech Media Player
    We fixed the issues that caused the Revue to reboot when connected to a D-Link DIR-655 router. Revue

Regards,

Logitech Revue Customer Care

2. chicha29

chicha29 New Member

So Google has no responsibility for updating Google TV software, only the device manufacturers?

3. towboy123

towboy123 New Member

No they come from both Logitech And Google this was a Logitech update

4. SteveH

SteveH New Member

And here i thought this would be an update from google with new apps.....so much for wishfull thinking haha

5. Rickaren

Rickaren New Member Staff Member

6. xkwwwx

xkwwwx New Member

When will we get market and dts support

7. towboy123

towboy123 New Member

When Logitech decides they want to support DTS plus the time it takes to program it then beta test it.

The market will be here sooner than not

8. mxpowers

mxpowers New Member

I hope so

9. harley man

harley man New Member

Well it's good to see that Logitech is tweaking the revue any improvement is greatly appreciated as we all are waiting for the app market to be finally up and going the sooner the better!!!!

10. harley man

harley man New Member

I got my update today then I could no longer load YouTube leanback I try a soft reboot that did not work so then I did a hard reboot that did work just a heads up you may have the same problem just do a hard reboot

11. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

Well, look at it this way..
    May is still is spring officially....
    Til June 21 in my calendar....
    Easy, we still got time this spring..
    OH.. what a minute, it still isn't spring yet...

12. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Google TV have released an update to their tv platform software, but still have not included the Android marketplace apps.

The official release of Google TV v1.3 update, is set to be phased in over the next few days on all of its systems, but whilst some bugs have been resolved amongst other minor updates, the option that most users were clamouring for, and that Google were suggesting would arrive in this update, did not.

Many users of Google TV are also Android owners, and an update which was in high demand for the update was access to the Android Market for ‘apps’, and the avaliability to then use these apps on their Internet TV’s.

The v1.3 update is said to have included improvements for audio, Internet TV connectivity, and disc support. The highlights of the audio side are noted as higher WMA audio file support for the media player, smoother song transitions on ‘Pandora’, and support for Qriocity’s ‘Music Unlimited’ (Sony systems only). Other key updates were closer real-time integration speeds for Netflix and CNBC, and a wider range of support for Blu-ray discs, allowing more to be played (Sony only).

It is a strange omission given that many tv streaming services are blocked from Google TV and it would have given users something to do. Will they soon find the ability to allow users to buy and apply their Android apps before their customers get too frustrated?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  13. catnap63

catnap63 New Member

The video had a netflix option on the home screen. My Revue appears to be updated but I don't see it on my home screen. Anyone else?

14. harley man

harley man New Member

If you have any problems after the update from logitech I have that if you do a hard reboot ( unplug ) it should fix most problems. A soft reboot .( crlt +alt+del)did not work for me

15. NiTruS69

NiTruS69 New Member

hard reboot don't fix schmidt..

16. brucebanner

brucebanner New Member

didnt fix anything for me either, im having issues playing files i could play previous to the update on media player. the same avi file i can play the sample of a movie fine, but when i play the actual movie it says cannot play it or something. i said before i was gonna stick it out with google tv, but im getting fed up with it and probably call them and get an RMA and get my money back and maybe give the boxee box a try or look at something else.

17. droctii

droctii New Member

Same problem here. Tried to play an AVI file which worked before the update and no go!