Quantcast

Revue Firmware Update officially Announced

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by skoretsky, Jan 11, 2011.

1. skoretsky

skoretsky New Member

2. cam94

cam94 New Member

Netflix customer support told me that I need to get the latest firmware version update from Logitech Revue. I tried system updates but it shown that my system is up to date.

The problem I have is that when I select a movie and it only retrieve 1/3 of the red bar and it stop "sorry can't play this movie please select another movie", I tried many other movies I get the same message.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks,
    Cam

3. Rickaren

Rickaren New Member Staff Member

Looks like Google TV's getting another update (b42732)

Posted on Thursday, Jan 13, 2011 by Phil Nickinson

[​IMG]
    Word on the street (and in the Android Central Forums) is that the Logitech Revue is in the midst of another update to Google TV. Sounds like nothing too major as far as the UI is concerned, but the build is dated Dec. 15, if that's any indication.

Update: It's for security fixes.

SOURCE

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  4. galfert

galfert Active Member

Sounds like bandwidth problems. Netflix requires at least 3mpbs. Are you on a slow DSL connection perhaps? Do a speedtest and see what you have for bandwidth. Another possiblity might be that you have inadequate WiFi if you are using wireless. Best option would be to have Wireless N 802.11n. Or perhaps your wireless access point is too far as distance will affect speed of the wireless network. If you live in an appartment you may have wireless signal problems with neighbors, so try changing wireless network channels or better yet use inSSIDer (http://www.metageek.net/image/ssider) to scan air frequencies to better choose a wireless channel.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  5. bfready

bfready New Member

Does netflix on the Logitech Revue not scale the video quality to what internet connection you have? Netflix on the XBOX 360 has no problem streaming videos at 1.5mbs. Is this not the case with GTV?

6. skoretsky

skoretsky New Member

That's actually a good question bfready. I know my bluray player (LG BD590) scales the video quality, but I'm not sure the Revue does. Haven't had that problem myself since I have a very fast wired connections (15 Mb/s download speed). Maybe you should look into something like that if you can afford it.

7. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member