Quantcast

Revue does not display a picture on my TV screen

Discussion in 'Google TV FAQs' started by JimMariner, Oct 20, 2010.

1. JimMariner

JimMariner Member

What to do if my Logitech Revue displays no picture on my TV screen?

If you are using your Revue but there is no picture on your TV, verify the following:

• Make sure the Revue has power. Check that the power cord and the AC adaptor are securely connected. If one of the LED lights on the front of the Revue are green, your Revue has power.
    • Make sure your TV is set to the correct input that you have connected your HDMI cable to.
    • If the Revue is connected to your AV receiver (AVR) using an HDMI cable, make sure the AVR is set to the correct input.
    • Make sure an HDMI cable is connected from the HDMI In port on either your TV or AVR into HDMI Out port on your Revue.
    • Make sure the HDMI cable is securely connected into your Revue and your TV or AVR. If the cable is not firmly connected, this may cause a loss of signal.
    • Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI connection from both the Revue and your TV or AVR.
    • Reboot your Revue. To reboot your Revue, unplug the power from the back and plug it back in or press Ctrl + Alt + DEL on your Keyboard Controller.
    • Try a different HDMI cable if you have one available.

Source

2. Ssmithri

Ssmithri New Member

I have been trying to get a picture on my tv via revue for two days... I had it going once, and it works fine with the cable box in the bedroom (where it is useless to me), but no go with the Scientific Atlanta 8300HD DVR.

I change cables, rebooted everything a hundred times... It just seems incompatible with this box.

Any ideas?

3. Karen

Karen New Member

According to the Logitech list, your DVR is compatible, so it is not that. Must be something else that is wrong?

Revue Customer Care-Answers

4. JimMariner

JimMariner Member

As Karen says, According to this, your DVR is listed.

[​IMG]

5. nerdkill

nerdkill New Member

do you have video when you take the revue out of the setup? is it possible the revue has some of the settings from your old box/tv that don't work with your new box/tv?

6. Ssmithri

Ssmithri New Member

I tried everything... so I decided it had to be the box.

I took it back to the cable company and swapped for a different box, same model.

This one works perfectly. :)

7. JimMariner

JimMariner Member

Excellent, Glad to hear !!

8. moussam

moussam New Member

I have been having similar issues with the Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HD DVR. Whenever I plug the HDMI cable in to the logitech revue from this STB, it works for like 30 seconds and then stops and also brings the revue down to a crawl making it very slow and unresponsive. I then have to unplug the STB and reboot.

9. Ssmithri

Ssmithri New Member

That was the same issue I had... Take the cable box in and swap it for a new one. This was the only thing that worked for me.

Also, by any chance... Do you have a place shifting device (sling box/hava) attached to the cable box? If so, this will need to be disconnected before booting.

10. moussam

moussam New Member

I do not have a place shifting device (not really sure what that is). I had also called logitech support and they had thought the problem was the pass-through setting on the cable box. But I already had tried changing this setting without success (originally it was wrong). If anyone is interested where this setting is check out the pdf and search for pass-through: http://www.relianceconnects.com/guides/rio_dvr_quick_eng.pdf

So I guess I am going to have to swap this box with the cable company. SSmithri, I was wondering if you had tried this pass-through setting before swapping the box?

11. moussam

moussam New Member

So it turns out they do not really support the 8300HD even tough its says they do. The problem is the STB will not let you put pass-through mode on when using a HDMI cable. It seems like the reason it does not let you has to do with HDCP possibly, I am not sure. So I am going to see if Charter (my cable company) will swap boxes for a different model.