Quantcast

Revue + Dish Connection (Wifi or Ethernet-Only?)

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by danyay, Oct 11, 2010.

1. danyay

danyay New Member

I can't seem to find a concrete answer to this.

I have the Dish VIP 722 or something similar. Essentially, it has two tuners powering TVs in different rooms. The downside is that one is coax - aka, standard definition.

According to GoogleTV - DISH Network :

No IR blaster required for set-up with DISH Network. Simply connect the Logitech Revue Companion Box and your DISH receiver to your home network. With a wireless home network, just connect the Revue box to the network and use a single Ethernet cable between the Revue box and the DISH receiver to provide Internet connectivity to both devices.​

Will they "talk" if both devices are merely connected to the wifi network? The page suggests the ability to connect via ethernet as a benefit, as in, this would then enable wireless connectivity with your Dish box.

However, I want to put my Revue in another room from my Dish receiver, in hopes that I am then able to watch HD recorded content on the second TV. Even if it's SD only, I'd still like the box to be in a different room than the Dish receiver.

Anyone have any information on this?

2. DR_Revue

DR_Revue New Member

Hey Danyay,

Basically there are 2 ways to connect your Dishnet DVR box with the Revue.

1. Basic way: Connect your Dishnet DVR to a router through ethernet, and have your Revue in the other room using wireless connection. You will be able to view all of your recorded content. (No Charge) So yes, this will work for you as you can have the Revue in another room.

2. Enhanced way: Connect Dishnet DVR straight to the Revue which will automatically detect your DVR and you will be prompted by your DVR to accept the integration. It provided some enhanced features listed below. As well as a $4 monthly charge by Dishnet to use the service.

Supported models include, the DISH Network ViP-722K, ViP-722 and ViP-622.

The enhanced DVR integration features are:

DVR Recordings are indexed and included in Quick Search Box results.
    Recordings can be set from Quick Search Box results
    DISH Cinema integration
    Access your DVR Recordings in Queue

I hope this helps :)

3. tank

tank New Member