Quantcast

Revue Box and FIOS Motorola QIP 6416-2 STB

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by SteveH, Dec 26, 2010.

1. SteveH

SteveH New Member

I just got a Revue box after I confirmed online from several sources that the Motorola QIP 6415-2 box would work with the Revue...well surprise it does not with the standard STB to Revue to AVR to TV setup via HDMI. Of course it worked with the HDMI straight to the TV and optical cable to the AVR. I now have to reprogram and redisgn my whole AVR setup. Does andyone out there know any other possible work around...thanks Steve

2. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

It should work STB-AVR-GTV-TV...GTV should typically be 'next-to-last' in line.

3. SteveH

SteveH New Member

I tried that but I still get the choppy audio and video. If I bypass the AVR everything works but I want the AVR in the sytem..any other ideas

4. alphawave7

Hmmm..which AVR are you using? Personally, I've always used the TV/Projector as a simple monitor (no sound) and have always run my AVR as the brain of my system, so the GTV would get an optical to AVR, and HDMI to TV. I wonder if this isn't related to the Motorola's copyright protection scheme?

5. SteveH

SteveH New Member

The problem is the Motorola HDCP issue so I have rewired the AVR passing the HDMI video straight to HDMI #2 input of the tv and the Opt cable to the AVR. Only issue now is that I have to settle for PCM digital audio with no LFE channels oh well it just fro the TV not Blu-ray or Xbox

6. alphawave7

Good to know. Are you stuck with the cableco's STB? Do they have another option?