Quantcast

Revue Audio Issue with everything but TV

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by rdb4198, Dec 2, 2011.

1. rdb4198

rdb4198 New Member

Hi All,

New to the forums and the Revue. Took a look through and couldn't seem to find an answer to my specific situation.

I purchased a Revue two days ago and everything was working fine. I could play web videos with audio, video chat, all that. Now all of a sudden my audio only works from my cable box. When I go to video chat or listen to Pandora, or do anything besides not watch TV I get no sound. I already checked the obvious mute button, as well as power cycling everything. My setup is as follows:

STB --> Revue --> Receiver --> TV

Everything is set up through HDMI, no optical audio cables anywhere. I could try optical audio I guess, but it was literally working yesterday and did not change anything.

Thanks for all the help in advance!

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I would suspect something happened with the compatibility of the 7.1 stream from the Revue to your AV Receiver. Try rebooting the Revue with [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[Del] to see if that alleviates the symptoms. It is possible that somewhere along the line signal transmission got fouled up. This is possibly caused by a sag in the 5V required to keep HDMI stable. It can usually be avoided by using short, quality cables. You may consider purchasing HDMI cables from Bluejeanscable.com as they sell inxpensive, yet high quality cables built in the USA.

If that doesn't work then try the optical cable to see if there's a difference. There is a setting for optical output to switch the audio stream of the optical connection; GTV Settings > Picture & sound > Optical audio output and you have the choices between PCM and Dolby Digital.