Quantcast

Revue and Symbaloo

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by Travel, May 7, 2013.

1. Travel

Travel Active Member

Hi,

I use FiOS 15/5 mbps with an ethernet connection to the Revue.

Symbaloo has worked well with this set-up until this month's upgrade to the sidebar drop-down box.

Problem: since the change, I can't find a way to edit an existing, individual tile. Everything else works okay: adding a new tile and writing text for the tile, the color, etc. However, when I want to take an existing tile and put in the edit page for changes, there doesn't seem to be a tile "edit click." The "Mix" editing features are there, but not the "Tile" editing button with a "move tile" option feature, etc.

Before the change-over, the tile edit button was in the left-header area, but now I don't see one, anywhere, even in the drop down box.

It doesn't seem to be a compatibility issue (but it may be) with my set-up, because all the other Symbaloo features work.

I've tried using the Symbaloo site using a "generic user" and the "custom user" (Mozilla) but with the same result.

I have posted this on the Symbaloo "help forum," but it doesn't seem to be a very active forum and I've have had no replies.

Thanks

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hi. Can you find an acceptable solution from the link below?

Symbaloo Service <---(click for Symbaloo FAQ)

From the above link:

"Click on the Edit Webmix button. Click on the tile you want to edit, a submenu will appear next to the tile. Click on Edit. You will now be directed to the Update a tile page.
    Change the URL of the tile.
    Click on Update this tile.

Note: Not all tiles can be edited. There are many different types. They can be recognized by the mini icon in the left hand corner of the tile. You can also not edit a tile on published webmix. Press Stop updates first before you can edit the tile on the published webmix. "

Last edited: May 7, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  3. CatfishRivers

Hi. OK I just tried to edit a Symbaloo tile from those instructions that they provide on their FAQ page. However it doesn't work on my Logitech Revue.

As a workaround - I'm able to delete the tile I want to edit - and then create a new tile. (I used their instructions from the FAQ section to delete and add a tile).

I suggest trying to email Symbaloo support for a solution.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Travel

Travel Active Member

Thanks, Catfish, but it's the "edit mix" button that doesn't appear on the Symbaloo pages. There's a click for changing the name of the mix or the size of the mix, but that click for editing that was in the left header before the update is now gone.

5. CatfishRivers

Yes I realized that after I made that post and attempted editing a tile.

Are you able to add and delete a tile? As a workaround I deleted the tile I wanted to edit - then I added a new tile instead and fixed it up the way that I wanted. Not an ideal solution I know - but something to use until Symbaloo can suggest a fix to GTV users. As I mentioned I would try to email Symbaloo support.

*Note: This is how I deleted a tile:

"Click on the tile and drag it to the top of the screen. A trash bin will appear.
    Drag the tile to the bin and let your mouse go."

6. Travel

Travel Active Member

Ya, I think that's probably the next step. Maybe Symbaloo upgraded to a higher Flash ("11") or something. As with having plenty of experience with the MSNTV-2 set top box, when features just "disappear," it was usually Flash or Internet Explorer version related.

Thanks for the "tile delete/add the tile again" workaround. I'll try it. I don't do a lot of tile editing, so this could work out until there's a site-fix.

Last edited: May 8, 2013