Quantcast

Revue and MyBook Live 2TB

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by bcresswell, Nov 20, 2011.

1. bcresswell

bcresswell New Member

Hello all, newbie here with GTV and to the forum. Have learned alot from this forum so far but needing a little assistance with something.

I have a MyBook Live 2TB connected to my network with a bunch of pictures in the public folder. Right now, when I go into the Logitech Media Player, I can see MyBookLive-Twonky under the Neworked Sources. When I click it to access the folders on the drive, there is just a blank page displayed. I have upgraded the MyBook to the latest firmware on it, and I can see the folders when I navigate to it from my PC. I have also confirmed that the Public folder is set to share all media.

I did check and the filesystem on the MyBook is set to NTFS, is this the problem? I have seen where others on the forum appear to be using the MyBook live, so I am wondering what I need to do to get this to work.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you guys can provide!

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I'm doubt that NTFS is your issue since you can transverse through the folders. More likely, the Logitech Media Player is ignoring the presence of the content that is incompatible with it. The image formats which are currently supported are JPG, PNG, GIF, and BMP. Additionally, I've noticed that if the pictures are too large in size then the Revue will ignore it all together.

3. bcresswell

bcresswell New Member

eferz,

Thanks for the quick reply. I actually can't navigate the folders through GTV. I can see it listed in the network sources, but when I click it, I get a blank screen.

Do you think then that I will need to re-formate to FAT32 to get it to see the folders, etc?

Again, thank you for replying!

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Ah, okay. I apologize for the misinterpretation. However, I wonder if you have setup Twonky to share any folders yet. Go into the web configuration of your TwonkyMultimedia server at http://<ip.address>:9000/config and make sure under the Basic Setup > Sharing section that the respective folders or their parent folders are listed there. It'll probably be necessary to initiate Twonky to Rescan Content Directories under the Advance Setup > Maintenance section if you had to make any changes.

It is also possible that the NTFS permissions set on the folders are getting in the way of Twonky from reading it. The best way to test this is to go to the http://<ip.address>:9000/webbrowse of Twonky to see which files and folders you can see. You can try setting the respective folder's permission to grant full access to everyone to see if that changes accessibility. I don't think its necessary to partition your drive since you're not connecting it directly to the Revue, but through a shared network service like Twonky.

*NOTE: <ip.address> is the ip address for the MyBook Live 2TB drive, e.g., "192.168.0.10".

5. bcresswell

bcresswell New Member

Thanks eferz, but still no go. All the permissions look good, and I am able to see the files in the /webrowse, so not sure what's going on. I'm going to try to do it through my desktop and come back to the hard drive later.

Thanks for your suggestions.

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Have you tried the rescan? While in Logitech Media Player and connected to the respective DLNA server press GTV Menu > Refresh. Also, try to make sure that only folders exists at the root of the DLNA share. Sometimes, the Media Player will sit there and choke trying to recognize an incompatible file.

• Like Like x 2
  7. bcresswell

bcresswell New Member

Thank you eferz, that just may have done it. Its working now, thank you so muc for taking the time to help out this newb!

• Like Like x 2
  8. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Glad to help.

9. rbkny

rbkny New Member

Bcresswell, Eferz,
    Can you please explain what resolved the problem for you? I've been experiencing the same problems you've described on my 3TB WD My Book Live. I've followed all the advice in this thread so far, including having only folders at the root of the DLNA share but still nothing shows on my GTV.

Thanks!

10. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Are you sure? Even when you connect to the WD Live web address from Google TV's Chrome? Because that would mean that your Google TV and WD Live isn't on the same network or is being blocked.