Quantcast

Revue and DVI to HDMI STB

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by bane126, Sep 25, 2011.

1. bane126

bane126 New Member

I recently picked up a Revue. Love it. However, I don't have cable and use an old school Sony SAT-HD300 DirectTV box to get OTA HD. It has a DVI output which I convert to HDMI to my TV. I was hoping to connect the STB to the Revue so I can use it on Sundays for some NFL action. However, I cannot get anything to appear on the screen when I am trying to set it up with the Revue. But the STB works fine when connected directly to the TV. Any ideas why this is not working???

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Assuming setup is correct and you have changed the Revue to TV pass through, there might be a quirk with the HDCP handshake with that old receiver and it is unlikely Logitech ever checked that combination. I recall there were some compatiability problems with some DVI devices when used with DVI to HDMI cable and some HDMI inputs but recall nothing specific about that receiver. I do recall that the HD300 is made by LG and is a clone of the Hughes HTL-HD which I have in storage but won't have access to anytime soon to check.

3. bane126

bane126 New Member

===
    Chris, hold up, how do you change the Revue to TV pass through??

Thanks.

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Just change the Revue to TV and don't do anything with the Revue, all that is happening is you are watching the signal from the HD300 if it is working correctly. Any chance you have the Revue set to 1080p and the display doesn't accept 1080p or 720p and the display doesn't accept 720p? I think that could only happen if the devices aren't communicating properly.

5. bane126

bane126 New Member

Hello Chris. So, I too the Revue to father-in-laws house last night and connected this Comcast box to it and it worked. I am going to try setting the Revue to TV and messing with the video resolution. It was awesome seeing it work with cable last night and my family was super impressed. Might have to get them one.

Thanks for all your help Chris.