Quantcast

Revue 3.2 update - First impressions?

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by revue5, Jun 8, 2012.

1. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

my first impression, seems faster & smoother.

Cheers

2. lschroeder

lschroeder New Member

No native MPEG2 support [​IMG] . With HLS added Plex servers can now transcode MPEG2 for playback if your computer's Plex server is powerful enough. I run 2 window's Plex server. The dual core window's 7 amd Plex server works with 720p TV shows I recorded, but my window's XP SP3 P4 3.4 ghz Plex server stutters badly and is not useable except for direct mp4 video playback on the revue. Have not tried any 1080i or 1080p content.

To be fair Plex requirements state that you need a more powerful server for transcoding. HLS in 3.2 will allow channels option of Plex to be viable as well.

In general I agree with the cheers. I am pretty lucky as I have a 40" Sony GTV as well. With its MPEG2 support I can use both of my Plex server in direct playback (no transcoding). I do convert my DTS to AC3 for Blu-Ray playback on my XP Plex server/Sony GTV/Revue. I also use GTVBox Video Player. It works great on the Sony TV and works well with the Revue except no MPEG2 video only audio. Mp4 is fine with the Revue and GTVBox Video Player.

I am way too much of a gadget guy. I have a WDTV live hooked to the Revue's TV. I use the WDTV live for video playback on the Revue's TV. The WDTV live pretty much handles any video/audio format I throw at it.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  3. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

^^^
    Looks like you get it all worked out, gadgets can be fun:rolleyes:

Btw, It seems like Revue got GTV 2.1.1 Update (same like Sony), because I was able to watch a (full-length) movie via the YouTube Movies page.

Cheers

4. GoogleHeadTV

GoogleHeadTV New Member

Youtube HD videos switching to low network bandwidth still... I have 20+ meg wireless connection... never did that prior to 3.1...update...everything else seems better

5. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Would someone test this page out for me? Houston, I think we have a problem! If my 1st impression is correct, and it isn't only my device, then I think we're in for a rough ride. Please click on this page, it is a link to TV Guide. So far I've found 2 pages just like it. Of course I'm asking those that have rec'd the upgrade.

http://www.tvguide.com/Listings/

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  6. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Never mind! My user agent ended up w/a space in it. Changed it back to generic and all the pages work fine.

Carl