Quantcast

Revue 3.2 OS Update to be released prior to summer according to tech support

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by tinman319, May 31, 2012.

1. tinman319

tinman319 New Member

Not sure that you should hold your breath for it, but while I was on the phone with Logitech Tech Support today (5/31/12) I asked about the "long rumored/much delayed" 3.2 Operating System Update for the Revue and the rep told me that while he could not release a definitive date, he had been told that it would be out before summer begins. Checking the calendar that is officially on June 20th so I'm hoping that increased functionality for the system is just around the corner.

<Moderator: I know that there are other threads that have addressed this topic but when I searched none of the hits seem to be a logical place for this updated info. Feel free to move if you disagree>

• Like Like x 2
  2. snow11

snow11 New Member

Yup don't turn blue ,,,, LOL I still have 2.1 on mine sooooooooooooooooo glad i didn't update .

3. jetmdt

jetmdt Member

Somebody on Logitech forum is reporting that 3.2 went out today.... For what its worth.

Jeff

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Logitech has previously stated that when the 3.2 release becomes official - they will publicly announce it on their Logitech Revue blog. Here the link to the "official" Logitech Revue blog:

Blog.Logitech | Revue

As of the time of this post - nothing has been mentioned yet about the 3.2 update on the official Logitech Revue blog. Hopefully they will make an official announcement soon. Until then I'm not going to get too excited about it.....

5. frooshiantee

frooshiantee New Member

This is the conversation I had with a logitech agent TODAY regarding the update. This was in response to my ticket where netflix wasn't showing any icons.

Dear Jesse,

Thank you for contacting Logitech Customer Care. My name is Alfonso and I will be your Customer Care representative. We are very happy to assist you. Please keep your case file XXXXXXXX-XXXXXX for further reference.

I understand your Revue is having issues with the Netflix app. I understand this can be very frustrating and will gladly help you.

It is a pleasure to announce you that yesterday (June 4th) a new firmware version was released (Honeycomb 3.2) for the Revue. This update solves a great number of issues the operating system had. This update will be released automatically to all consoles starting today and finishing on June the 7th. I am sure this update will solve all your issues.

I hope you find this information helpful and if any other questions arise please contact us back at Logitech Customer Care.

Best regards,
    Alfonso
    Logitech Customer Care

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Customer Jesse Graham via CSS Web 06/05/2012 12:32 PM
    That's great news. A lot of services began to degrade gradually, which i found very odd, so I hope this update resolves them. Is this official news that Logitech has released regarding the update date?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Response Alfonso T. via Email 06/05/2012 01:02 PM
    Dear Jesse,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, this is official news and by Thursday your Revue should be updated.

Best regards,
    Alfonso
    Logitech Customer Care

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  6. tinman319

tinman319 New Member

No 3.2 update available yet for my Revue but hey at this point if it's later this week that's OK by me!

7. jetmdt

jetmdt Member

Now a Guy is claiming he got it this morning... Let the games begin.... LOL

Jeff

8. tinman319

tinman319 New Member

Just spoke with Logitech Tech Support and they verified what frooshiantee stated above, the 3.2 update was released yesterday as an over the air update similar to the 3.1 release, users will be sent a notification telling them that an update is available in stages with the update available to all revue units by Thursday, June 7th

tech support was less clear on whether the update would fix the Netflix title thumbnail issue that has popped up recently (claimed to be unaware of the issue, but that it could be related to testing that was taking place regarding the update so it may be resolved when the 3.2 update reaches you) but they emphatically state that many of the previous long standing issues with streaming videos in general and Netflix movies themselves are resolved with this update

• Like Like x 2
  9. gimpyyy316

gimpyyy316 New Member

saw the 3.2 come up didnt take it right away now theres no update so pissed how can i get it back???

10. swould333

swould333 Member

At the home screen hit the menu button.. select-> system settings... scroll down to the last catagory I believe it's "About system" or somethign similar(at work right now not in front of my Revue) you should see an option at the top of that menu for firmware upate(system update) hit that..

if that doesn't grab it.. try rebooting your system via CTL+ALT+DELETE... then check for the update via the same process...

if THAT doesn't work... you can try the google services frame work trick that the Galaxy nexus and Moto-Xoom used to force the update.... go to the system settings-> Applications managment-> the ALL tab for all apps.. find Google Services Framework... clear data and force stop the app.... BACK OUT to the system settings menu using ONLY the back key (the one to the upper left of the D-pad, I believe this is critical... I tried home and then checking on Gnex but it didn't work. then tried it just backing out and it worked) then go into update screen and check again... it should say that your system has never checked for an update (or something similar) before you try the "Check Now" button... if you don't get the update then.. not sure what to say.. Factory data reset maybe?

11. Jacksmyname

Jacksmyname Member

Hi all.
    As I just posted in the other thread, it's for real.
    My Revue is now running 3.2.

This post sent from my Samung Galaxy 10.1 Tab, which is also 3.2, and
    patiently waiting for 4.0, aka ICS.

12. gimpyyy316

gimpyyy316 New Member

ok so i have 3.2 i did a hard factory reset by holding down the rest button on the back for those who dint know that "like me" and it came right back up...
    with that being said the bugs that 3.2 was here to fix for me fixed nothing the damn browser still slow as hell god i want firefox
    netflix is still buggy other then that who knows

13. mobimation

mobimation New Member

My two Revues both upgraded silently without telling a word about this having happened. I see 3.2 indicated in the revision info.