Quantcast

Revue 3.1 Dropbox not compatible?

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by bus_dr1v3r, Dec 11, 2011.

1. bus_dr1v3r

bus_dr1v3r New Member

Whenever I try to download dropbox from the Android Market it tells me that it isn't compatible. How are other people getting it on their devices? Thanks in advance.

2. swould333

swould333 Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

There are also many file exploring apps which also include Dropbox compatibility; like ES File Explorer or File Expert.

4. LadyAngler

LadyAngler Moderator Staff Member

+1 that's how I did too. First app I installed.

5. swould333

swould333 Member

+1 on the File expert... it's in the Market on the Revue and it allows a tone of file managment features.. it's how I started transfering Apk's t the revue with it's built in wifi file transfer capabilities,

6. entertailion

entertailion New Member

Thanks for the link! Works great on my Revue.

7. Cygnus

Cygnus New Member

Can this be used to upload mpeg4 files to drop box, then watch the video via dropbox via googletv? When I try this, the video file does not show in dropbox when viewed via googletv. If I view dropbox from my laptop, the video files appear and play fine. I'd like to be able to stream mpg4 to googletv via dropbox or some other cloud app. Is this possible?

8. entertailion

entertailion New Member

I copied a mp4 file to my dropbox. When I tried to play it on my Revue it showed an error message that there was no app to play the file. Then installed GTVBox Video Player app ($1.99) and now I can play that video from dropbox on my Google TV.
    If you dont see the file in the dropbox app, press the Google TV menu button on the remote and then select refresh.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  9. Cygnus

Cygnus New Member

Did this involve downloading the video then play or is it streamed? I want to stream it. The funny thing is that it appears that the video was downloaded to the Revue somewhere but I could not play it due to an annoying bug with the logitech video player. This update has been a mess so far. I hate to say this but Google/logitech could really learn from apple. The revue has so much potential but it still is so sloppy and buggy.

10. entertailion

entertailion New Member

I had to wait for the dropbox app to sync the file. When the player started playing the file there was a message that said something about streaming.
    Yes, I was very surprised that Google TV doesn't support mp4 files out of the box.

11. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Sure it does. After all, that's how most podcasts are streamed. It really depends on the delivery mechanism and client support.