Quantcast

Returning NSZ-GS7

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by rehughe, Aug 24, 2012.

1. rehughe

rehughe New Member

Unfortunately this box has to go back. I was very excited to upgrade from my Revue, but will be going back. The biggest killer for me is the remote. There is no easy way to turn on/off the TV/AVR/STB like you can with the Revue remote. Second, sometimes the HDMI pass through doesn't work, and I have to restart everything to get the picture to show up on the TV.

The Revue drives me absolutely nuts because the video playback crashes all the time, but at least the TV and remote work flawlessly.

Google TV really needs a good product, or I don't see it lasting much longer.

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I baby my Revues, no multiple windows open, even quit running a TV source through them, keep cache clear and I can stream from the sites I use without frequent crashes. The HDMI overlay is nice but not very important to me and I am convinced the processing necessary to handle that impacts performance for the things that are important, streaming video and web browsing. I don't fight those stupid sites with links to copyright violations that are a crapfest of pop up ads and requests to download players, I think those would crash even my babied Revues but for Netflix, Crackle, YouTube, Internet Archive, ESPN3, Amazon and so many others I do use often, my Revues continue to rock and roll, I am very happy with them. It is sad it is so easy to put them in a state where they won't perform well, just by doing ordinary things that it is intended, jumping around the internet with several windows open, going to whatever site you want to but I do what it takes to make them usable. Going to applications under settings and making sure you don't have several apps running at any given time is key as well, I shut down all I don't need.

Sorry you couldn't get your NSZ-GS7 to run better and surprised really but it needs to suit your needs and way of use.