Quantcast

Replace Revue After Awhile?

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by Peacefrog67, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Peacefrog67

Peacefrog67 New Member

I have had my Logitech Revue for about 2 years now and it seems to be breaking down. The internet is constantly cutting out and it lags terribly.

I did a factory reset but can't even finish re-entering the settings because the internet stops working after a few minutes.

I have a Sony Google TV in the other room which works great and the internet works fine on my computers. Is it time to just buy a new Revue?

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I doubt if you could find a new Logitech Revue today but I have seen used and refurbished for sale recently. I have nothing against the Revue but would suggest you look at one of the new Google TV models using a new ARM processor which will get updates not available for the first generation models like the Revue. I am still running a Revue without issues and other than the new apps available only for the new models, the differences are small in my opinion but the new apps should mean the new models are most desirable going forward. My personal preference after reading about the new models and now owing one is:

1. Sony NSZ-GS7, 2 USB ports, optical audio output, backlit remote, 8GB flash storage
    2. Hisense Pulse, 1 USB port, no optical audio output, mic on remote, 4GB flash storage

There are also models from Vizio and Netgear available now and announced models from ASUS and TCL and it has been rumored other companies including Western Digital will have models as well.

3. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

My Logitech Revue is running fine. I still use it as my main way to access the internet because of the convenience of the keyboard. I use the Hisense Pulse for entertainment when lounging and a remote is more practical. But for ease of use I prefer the Revue. But for future updates I'm depending on the Pulse.

I'd check my connections and see if something else is interfering w/your device. My Pulse which I bought a few days ago performs no differently from the Logitech. As a matter of fact the Revue performs better; having been around longer the bugs have been pretty much worked out. And while the Hisense remote is great for navigating between apps & playing games, for web surfing, & typing, it is a pain.

Carl

• Like Like x 2
  4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

He has been running a Revue longer than I have, he believes his is dead, I have no way to prove he is wrong from here if he can't bring it back to life by a factory reset.

5. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Are you connected to internet with WiFi or ethernet? Try rebooting your router.

6. Peacefrog67

Peacefrog67 New Member

Yea all my other devices are connected to the internet fine.

I didn't even realize the Revue is no longer available new. Maybe I will just buy another Sony then.

7. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

If I was experiencing your issue as a troubleshooting measure I would try removing your router from your set-up and connect your Revue directly to modem by ethernet - to see if you experience the same issue. I suggest this as precautionary measure to possibly avoid spending money needlessly. It could very well be that your Revue is indeed going bad - but it never hurts to troubleshoot to be sure. Yes I know your other devices work good - I would still do this anyway.

Also I would try doing a few more factory resets before giving up. I have had a bug when my Revue tried to launch after a reboot (it cut-off when the Logo was coming onscreen before it fully rebooted). I did the factory reset and still had the same issue. Tried a second factory reset and booted successfully after that.

Do the factory reset from the button on the back of the Revue (not from the settings menu).

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  8. overtimeman

overtimeman Active Member

amazon.com still sells the Revue but they are not the factory units.They are OEM units in the brown box.Did see some new units for sale too.Good Luck!