Quantcast

remove cookies on one website

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by harshrealm, Jan 26, 2013.

1. harshrealm

harshrealm New Member

how do i remove cookies for one particular website...........in my bookmarks...........thanks

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Go to Chrome settings----->Advanced settings------->Under The Hood------>Content Settings------->Ignore exceptions and block third party cookies from being set.

3. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

I don't believe that is possible. We only have the option of clearing all cookies. You can try going to the site. Sign out. Delete the bookmark. Refresh the page. Sign in. Bookmark the page.

Carl

4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

It's possible. I just tested it on my Logitech Revue with this web site (googletvforum.org).

Follow these instructions:

Go to Chrome settings----->Advanced settings------->Under The Hood------>Content Settings------->Cookies------->You then check mark where it says: (Ignore exceptions and block third party content from being set). Next click where it says: "Manage Exceptions". You then type (in the blank field) the URL of the site that you want to block. Then click where it says "Block".

Also Go to Chrome settings----->Advanced settings------->Under The Hood------>Content Settings------->Cookies---->All Cookies and Site Data. (Then maneuver the cursor over the URL that you want to delete and click the little "x").

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Carlszone

Duh!

I was just under the hood deleting passwords, it was staring me in the face.

Thanks for the save, catfish...

Carl

6. harshrealm

harshrealm New Member

thanks catfish,i need to know more about these "advanced settings" the info you gave me did work,and the post after "carlszone post" was also excellent!!.............thanks again...........catfish...i knew you from the "webtv days i was jaywambold ,i did posts in the "new internet boxes section"..........

• Like Like x 2
  7. Carlszone

Wow!

I've been playing around w/this. Geeze, I knew we had more control over our browser on this device than any previous device built for internet via TV. But this feature gives us almost as much control as we'd have on a PC. I could have used this when I was having trouble w/what I suspected was a corrupted cookie.

Catfish, you da man!!!

Carl