Quantcast

Remote Setup for TIVO?

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by wicketr, Aug 23, 2012.

1. wicketr

wicketr New Member

Anyone set a Tivo up yet with the remote control? I can't seem to get mine working with it. What keycode did you use? Or process to get it working? Thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  2. ryanwebb

ryanwebb New Member

I have mine set up with my Tivo Premier. I set it up as a DVR (not satellite/cable box), and told it that it was a Tivo brand, Series 3 model (even though the Premier is Series 4). It seems to control it fairly well, although a few things I haven't figured out yet. The "Tivo Button" menu (in order to watch pre-recorded shows, set up new timers etc) takes two button presses while in Live TV mode - Menu / OK. Thats not too bad, but not as convenient as just pressing the Tivo button. Also, I have not yet figured out the skip forward and skip backwards commands...it seems those do not translate into the CoStar remote. Maybe I can train it? Not sure yet. It will allow me to fast forward/rewind, but it's not nearly as nice as the skip feature, and not very responsive either.

3. RandomBlue

RandomBlue New Member

You can specify the model as "Premiere" when setting it up, though it'll work the same way. To me these lack of controls are a pretty big issue as they need to work well for my wife to be OK with the device. She uses the Tivo quite a lot.

4. wicketr

wicketr New Member

Thanks, that was my problem. I tried setting it up as a cable box. I'll have to give this another attempt tonight.

5. halox

halox New Member

6. rock99rock

rock99rock New Member

Thanks for this! When I set mine up as "Premier", nothing would work. "Series 3" worked for me. What are you using as your tivo button? "List" doesn't do anything for me.

7. ryanwebb

ryanwebb New Member

While watching live tv, press the menu button, then press ok. Should be same as the TiVo button, just 2 buttons instead of one.

• Like Like x 2
  8. nrnoble

nrnoble New Member

Anyone know if there is a way to program the co-star remote to control only one TiVo when there are more than one TiVos next to each other?

Nearly everything is working to my satisfaction, but the one problem I'm having is that I have two TiVos, so the co-star remote attempts to control both.

To be specific, the co-star is connected to one TiVo on HDMI-1, and the second TiVo is on HDMI-2 (no co-star). Currently I have two TiVo remotes, each remote has been properly configured to control a specific TiVo. The co-star remote appears to be transmitting on ID-0, thus both TiVos respond to commands from the co-star remote.

Tivo1 --> Co-Star --> HDMI-1 (VIZIO HDTV)
    Tivo2 --> HDMI-2 (VIZIO HDTV)

9. pjo1966

pjo1966 New Member

This is a concern for me as well. I have two TiVos I control with one TiVo remote with a 1/2 switch. I'd like to be able to use the Co-Star remote for everything, but the more I read the more I see this won't be possible. I'm still in the research stage and have not purchased the Co_star yet.

10. DEinspanjer

DEinspanjer New Member

I have a Series 3, and I'm having a lot of problems with transmitting IR codes. When I try to use PrimeTime or other applications on the Co-Star to change channels, it either skips numbers or enters them out of order. Anyone else seen issues like this?

11. heyted

heyted New Member

I have shown a couple of TiVo buttons that are not intuitive. I have not seen the enter button documented anywhere. Does anyone know of any others?
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

So far the Vizio Co-Star remote works better than I expected with the Tivo Premiere, almost perfect ... I'll do more testing tomorrow .....