Quantcast

Remote Control with YouView box

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by idic, Feb 16, 2013.

1. idic

idic New Member

Hi - I'm thinking about upgrading my ancient set top box which currently doesn't have full remote control capabilities with the NSZ-GS7. Depending on which model I select in the remote control settings I can EITHER get the record/play/pause buttons to work OR have the four colour buttons at the bottom of the remote working. (Long story, but the GTV either thinks the TV box is a set top box - hence colour buttons - OR a DVR - hence play/pause works - but it won't accept the fact that it is a set top box with DVR functionality and that therefore I want all the buttons working.)

Anyway, the box is old and no longer supported, but I'd like to be sure that any new TV box I buy WILL definitely be supported by the remote control function, since the GTV is in a closed cabinet and I don't want to have to keep opening the doors to use the old remote.

Can anyone tell me for sure that the YouView (Humax) box will work with the GTV universal remote control function, and also, whether this functionality is only by the included IR blaster or whether HDMI-CEC works as well?

Thanks for any help.

2. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

(I can only answer this tiny portion of your question :))
    GS7 remote will command GS7 box to send (DVR functionality) IR codes to the DVR via the built in IR blaster & the included external IR blaster (not via HDMI-CEC).

Hopefully someone with "YouView (Humax) box" could confirm (in detail) how well the GS7 remote control 'd function with it.

3. ColmARocK

ColmARocK New Member

You may want to waite for sony to change the current remote before buying. Sony will release/sell a new remote with a build in mic which will be compatible with gtv 3.0.This remote should be part of the package once the 3.0 update will roll-out. If you buy it now you will have to add another 40 to 60$ just to buy a second remote in few months.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

4. idic

idic New Member

Thanks, revue5. I'll wait and see if anyone has any experience with the Humax YouView box.

@ColmARocK - I already own the Sony box - bought it on release day. As I said in my original post. I want to find out if it has remote blaster settings for the digital TV set top box I want to buy, as my current box isn't properly supported. I'm in the UK, so if anyone has any specific advice about the YouView box compatibility that would be very helpful. It's still quite new, but I thought there might be some early adopters here!