Quantcast

Remote behavior question for GS7 owners

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by drhill, Jul 2, 2013.

1. drhill

drhill Member

I mentioned in the GS8 these that I was having remote issues. If the remote is idle for a few minutes the next time I press a button it seems to wake up and flash the led. Sometimes it takes 2-5 seconds. Sometimes a lot longer. Occasionally it only takes a second or less. It seems to connect faster closer and if pointed at the unit, but that isn't a guarantee. Occasionally buttons stick and then unstick if I get closer.

I assume this isn't normal behavior and I have a bad antenna, transmitter, or receiver. Antone else see this behavior in their original GS7 remote or the newer voice remote?

2. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Btw, did you go through a factory reset? or (temporarily) tried it while all wireless devices (including routers) are turned off (for possible interference) – also can you pair it w/ a Logitech K700 (its RF not Bluetooth) & give that a try …

3. drhill

drhill Member

Did a factory reset. I thought about turning off the router's 2.4 GHz band, but Sony is sending me a new one. If it still happens I'll try that just as a confirmation.

I would never use a keyboard as a remote. I would hate that, let alone it has no WAF.