Quantcast

Registering my Revue with Android Marketplace

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by MrTaz34, Aug 6, 2011.

1. MrTaz34

MrTaz34 New Member

Hi All,
    I just got my Revue, love it. I can't wait till we have access to apps on the marketplace. I noticed a post by an admin of the forums (I think) that showed that his TV registered with the Android Marketplace and it showed as a device for him. I can not seem to get mine to do this, is there something special I need to do to get the TV registered with the marketplace?

End of September can't come soon enough.

-Will:confused:

2. koopakid08

koopakid08 New Member

He is using the leaked beta of honeycomb

---
    - Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

3. danger-rat

danger-rat Moderator Staff Member

Not necessarily - a lot of people had their review showing up as a device on the browser based version of the market. You can't use it without the beta release though...

4. Cruddell001

Cruddell001 New Member

My understanding is that Google TV devices started showing up in the 'my devices' section of the market, but were quickly removed and now nobody can see them.

Of course, you CAN still add apps to the Google TV if you manually install the 3.1 update. Many of the apps aren't designed for Google TV, though, and don't even open or are filled with bugs. Some people over at gtvhacker.com have a list going of working apps.

5. danger-rat

danger-rat Moderator Staff Member

They started to show and there was a big buzz. Then they disappeared, and there was some discussion on it. They've been in and out a few times since...