Quantcast

Reduced Sound Going through the Sony NSZ-GS7

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by Double_K, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Double_K

Double_K New Member

Hello All,

I've had the Sony NSZ-GS7 for about 3 weeks now and so far I'm really enjoying it. However I did noticed that ever since I've hook it up the sound that comes from my Samsung TV is greatly reduced. Prior to the GTV I would turn my TV volume up to level 10 and this was plenty loud; now however I need to turn it up to 20+ just to have it at an acceptable level. Could this volume change be caused by the GTV? Is there a setting somewhere the affects volume? Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

2. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Try to set GS7 audio output to “PCM” (instead of "Auto") & see if that helps,

From Settings > Picture & sound > Audio output (HDMI) > PCM

3. sirlinux

sirlinux New Member

Happens to me almost everyday, have to reboot my GS7 every day, it os a pain but it works!!!

4. Double_K

Double_K New Member

Thanks...I'll give both suggestions a try when I get home later tonight

5. futureboy

futureboy New Member

You should also try: Settings -> Picture & sound -> Audio pass-through -> On

This will pass the Dolby Digital signal through without Decode and Encode that are needed to mix in system audio sounds from Google TV.

6. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Hi,

Could you be more specific?

7. sirlinux

sirlinux New Member

well, Almost every day if not every day I notice that the sound of my cable tv trough the GS7 to my home theater goes like half way of what it should be. My settings are; My brighthouse cable box connected to the GS7 trough hdmi in, Samsung tv connected trough hdmi out and my vizio sound bar connected to the GS7 trough optical, Audio pass-through -> On. Some times I have all the volume up and sounds like half of what it should be, so I reboot my GS7 and everything comes the way it should. This is only with my cable programs, Anything coming out of the GS7 works fine, youtube or navi-x for example. sorry for my bad English, is not my first language , I'm still learning!!!!!

8. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

Check settings on both yer Brighthouse cable box &TV. Usually the default on the cable box is set to Pulse. Test out different settings even if the best combo seems incompatible. The optimum settings should be to have both audio settings the same. But my optimum setting is RAW. My cable box is set to Variable/Surround Sound/Pulse/Narrow/Primary. Make sure SAP is NOT enabled on any settings.

Carl

9. sirlinux

sirlinux New Member

doesn't make sense for me, because for example I"m watching a NBA game and I notice the sound is too low and my volume is completely up and I reboot the GS7 and the same channel works fine after the reboot and I change channels up and down and everything works perfect. But I spend plenty of time playing with the setting already and still doing the same. I gave up and for now I found rebooting the GS7 work so its a little pain, but works...

10. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Your issue seems to be similar to this post (see how did the OP resolved it).

But, first give the suggested settings in the other thread a try (see, on the DVR side and on GS7 side),
    Also, take a look at these links.

Good luck:)

Btw, the OP in this thread has no "Sound system" connected (& there is also other unknown factors, like if there is an STB in the mix or if the TV set to except Dolby digital???) as a matter of a fact, he may not even have any audio issue.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012