Quantcast

Redbox Instant

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by polardude1983, Dec 19, 2012.

1. polardude1983

polardude1983 New Member

Redbox Instant android and iPhone apps have been released. Right now it is in beta mode an you need an access code to sign up.

Unfortunately the app does not work on Google TV and I would love to sideload it. But can someone give me the apk file?

2. CSeabrook22

CSeabrook22 New Member

I wonder how this will pan out since a lot of film companies are restricting initial releases from Redbox.

3. polardude1983

polardude1983 New Member

I think it will still be fine. Look how long it takes Netflix to get to stream movies. Anybody still not have an APK to share?

4. zarthan

zarthan New Member

I tried the app and it FC on my Logitech GTV.

5. zarthan

zarthan New Member

The easiest way to get apps for sideloading is to use the APK downloader forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1809458

6. polardude1983

polardude1983 New Member

I can't get the APK Downloader to work. With version 1.4 on chrome 23. Which is why I was wondering if someone could share the apk.

7. polardude1983

polardude1983 New Member

Well the Redbox Instant app also force closed on my Sony Blu Ray Player NSZ-GT1

8. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

More Redbox Instant details revealed at CES; Vizio, LG and Google TV clients coming (click for full article)

"The Redbox Instant video streaming service recently let eager users kick down the doors of its beta test, and now the team behind it has stepped out to talk about its unique feature set. While a public launch is still planned for Q1 (just as Verizon CEO Lowell McAdam said last month) we've had a little time to spend with the beta on our own, and saw it running on several devices including iOS / Android and Samsung Blu-ray player in the company's hotel suite. New hardware partners announced during CES are Vizio, Google TV and LG, which should all see apps arrive soon to their assorted platforms."