Quantcast

Receiver Problems Sony STR-DE845

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by lshanks, Dec 2, 2011.

1. lshanks

lshanks New Member

First I am sorry if this is the wrong section for posting this, I saw no receiver section in the forums.
    Let me explain my problem.

I have a Sony STR-DE845 (old school)
    Anyhow, I am trying to get the receiver to work and none of the provided codes seem to work with this device.
    However, I am also not sure exactly where the remote sensor is located on it.

Can anyone help? Maybe the unit just isn't compatible, I tried to contact support but they were no help at all.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Sony usually marks the vicinity of their IR sensor with a fancy "IR" symbol. I've marked on the picture below with a green outline where I believe it should be located.

• Like Like x 2
  3. lshanks

lshanks New Member

...and that is EXACTLY where I put mine. I was hoping beyond hope that I was wrong, because that means none of those provided/available codes work.

• Like Like x 2
  4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

The irony is that's a Sony AV Receiver, so you'd think they'd support their own products. The only thing that you can do at this point is call up Sony Technical Support and demand that this is address in a future patch. IR support and compatibility on Sony's Google TV devices is the worst implementation of any manufacturer.

5. lshanks

lshanks New Member

I know right? That was exactly my perspective as well. I did contact Sony and they gave me a link. The link was how to configure the A/V blaster. How to select the manufacturer and the codes. Waste of time. I do realize that my receiver is about 8 years old, but it has served me so well. Oh well, I guess I need to get into the 21st century and start utilizing HDMI.

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know did the same thing for Roku 2 and Xbox 360. The best thing that you can do at this point is call up Sony Technical Support and demand that this is address in a future patch.