Quantcast

Quick Guide on Co-Star

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by john30308, Jan 24, 2013.

1. john30308

john30308 New Member

We're still waiting for Quick Guide to roll out soon on Co-Star's, correct? Just making sure I didn't miss anything. :)

2. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi John

Actually, you should already have it. From what Google put out, the Vizio Co-Star should have been one of the first units to get it. One thing I noticed. I get a lot of posts from users of all devices who are trying to find the Quick Guide via Menu. You must click on the Guide button. If this doesn't bring it up, try this:

Open Primetime app. Scroll down left Menu bar to Options. Click on Guide. Make sure Quick Guide box is checked.

HTH

Carl

3. dj_dicam

dj_dicam New Member

I don't see a 'Guide' option in Primetime on my Co-Star. All I get with the guide button is the channel guide.

4. heyted

heyted New Member

It is on my Co-Star, but it currently does not work right. I am looking forward to the update that will get it working correctly.

5. yorT

yorT New Member

I see in under my options in the Primetime app however when I hit the Guide button it just pulls up the cable box guide and not the quick guide.

6. Carlszone

I take it the quick guide isn't working on the Vizio C0-Star. John, if the Quick Guide is not on the personalization list, then it is unlikely that you have received the update. Hard to believe, as the update began appearing on Logitech units as early as 28 Nov.

For those of you that have rec'd the update, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can take. From Primetime>Options>Personalization>Click on e-mail address then hit back. This refreshes your acct and helps w/syncing. If problem persists try deleting Recent Updates. Home>Applications>Manage Applications>Primetime. You can type in the first letters of apps you want to fast scroll to.

In home settings you should be able to check on updates for those of you that haven't received it yet. Make sure Automatic Updates is enabled.

Carl

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  7. dj_dicam

dj_dicam New Member

I checked in the Play Store, and I have the latest version. So I uninstalled the update and then re-installed the update. However I still don't see anything about a guide under options. I do see personalization there, but all that has are entries for my account, for doing ratings, and for the Google Dashboard. Not sure what's going on.

8. Carlszone

What has Vizio Support had to say on this? All of you should be calling in so they will know it is not an isolated problem limited to only your unit. Also they may be able to force feed ya the upgrade.

Please post as soon as you get the upgrade. I follow Vizio Co-Star closely as I'm still planning to upgrade to one of the newer devices soon.

Thanks

Carl

9. john30308

john30308 New Member

It doesn't sound like it's out for the Co-Star yet. In another forum there was a report that it would be rolling out to Co-Star in a few weeks. That was early January. I just wanted to be sure that it wasn't already out and I was the last Co-Star owner not enjoying it! I've been using OpenLauncher and it's fantastic, but when I go to PrimeTime the effect is lost. GTV just keeps getting better and better!!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jarhead

Jarhead Member

It's out and you all probably have it. Just that it doesn't work right. Same thing on the Pulse. Do this, hit the "home" button then hit the guide button. The quick guide should now open.
    There's a problem with it where it opens in any app 'other' than live tv, where it's supposed to open.
    Using the home button is a workaround for now, hopefully it will be corrected in GTV3.

11. heyted

heyted New Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this, but no luck.

I tried this too with no change with the issues. I have the Quick Guide on my Co-Star, and it is usable, but it cannot be accessed in the tv app.

• Like Like x 2
  12. heyted

heyted New Member

I had to start the Quick Guide before the Quick Guide settings showed up in PrimeTime-->Options

13. heyted

heyted New Member

This does not work for me. Others may want to try:

1. Press Home/V button (I am using Open Launcher)
    2. Long press PIP and select TV
    3. Press Guide. This may show the Quick Guide, may show the Quide Guide quickly then it dissapears, or it may show nothing.
    4. Go to full screen TV.
    5. Press PIP and the Quick Guide is started with the tv in the small screen.

14. dj_dicam

dj_dicam New Member

Maybe this is part of the problem for me...how do I start the Quick Guide? I don't see any place to do that. Hitting the guide button only shows me the channel guide. Using the Guide entry in the on screen menu also only brings up the channel guide. Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but when I configured the Co-Star, I set up my STB as a DVR (Motorola QIP7232, which is a DVR) so I can access my DVR info from the DVR menu. When first experimenting with the Co-Star, I set up the STB as a STB and that worked, but did not give me access to my DVR info...so I changed it to a DVR to get that to work.

BTW, I also tried Jarhead's suggestion, but that did not work.

I have a call into Vizio support - will report back with their reply, but the tech person I spoke with tried to access the Quick Guide while we were on the phone, and he had no luck.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Amuzeme

Amuzeme New Member

According to Vizio: "The Quick Guide function is not compatible with all Cable and Satellite receivers yet. Compatibility will be improved with future firmware updates to the Co-Star". I asked about my specific model and they said it wasn't compatible but was on the "list of known uncompatible receivers and should be remedied in a future firmware update" Basically, wait until they get around to it.

• Like Like x 2